Cool New Device

I haven’t bought this, so here are my thoughts… I have been keeping my eye on this tread and board to see what opinions are and what’s going on with it…

A cd player with am/fm radio?  The cheapo $20 or less ones I’ve bought never had that.  These are the portable ones.  That I would carry around before an MP3 player or play in my old car without a cd player (and use the cassette adaptor).  They barely have a display, just the track number, and I’d have to look at the case or open it to find the track I would want (if it was even on the CD itself).  I think I did have one that didn’t have a display but that broke years ago… I never ventured into the big CD players so if someone wants one of those, they’re not going to even look at the SlotMusic or any MP3 player unless it can connect to their stereo.  Or if they get a more expensive CD player with display, they will go to the MP3 players with displays. 

“It might well become that if it is the only mp3 player that Sandisk makes without a display.”

Nope, you’re forgetting the Shaker.  It’s understandable, many people would like to. :wink:"

And there are other players out there that take micro cards and do not have a display (saw a two at Shopko as I was looking around the electronics area).  So this is just another option.  And for those who don’t want to spend $50 on a ipod shuffle, this would be an option.  That’s how I got the Fuze, didn’t want to spend the extra $$ on a nano. 

@dalaug234 wrote:

I haven’t bought this, so here are my thoughts… I have been keeping my eye on this tread and board to see what opinions are and what’s going on with it…

A cd player with am/fm radio?  The cheapo $20 or less ones I’ve bought never had that.  These are the portable ones.  That I would carry around before an MP3 player or play in my old car without a cd player (and use the cassette adaptor).  They barely have a display, just the track number, and I’d have to look at the case or open it to find the track I would want (if it was even on the CD itself).  I think I did have one that didn’t have a display but that broke years ago… I never ventured into the big CD players so if someone wants one of those, they’re not going to even look at the SlotMusic or any MP3 player unless it can connect to their stereo.  Or if they get a more expensive CD player with display, they will go to the MP3 players with displays. 

“It might well become that if it is the only mp3 player that Sandisk makes without a display.”

Nope, you’re forgetting the Shaker.  It’s understandable, many people would like to. :wink:"

And there are other players out there that take micro cards and do not have a display (saw a two at Shopko as I was looking around the electronics area).  So this is just another option.  And for those who don’t want to spend $50 on a ipod shuffle, this would be an option.  That’s how I got the Fuze, didn’t want to spend the extra $$ on a nano. 

I got my 4GB Fuze for the priceof a 2GB shuffle…plus at the time, the 4GB Clip was the same price, so I was happier than a pig in um, slop at my good fortune.:wink:

Sorry this device was a bad move.  Sound quality should be near top priority especially if you don’t even get a screen.  I mean come one screens don’t come on the shuffle and that is major plus for clip.  I can understand my kids shaker not having a screen but now days its like getting a car without power steering!

I guess it will take making mistakes to figure out what the market really wants.  I guess just buying a cheap screenless player with poor sound made sense to someone non technical.

@neutron_bob wrote:

it’s a cool basic, bulletproof device …"

Bob  :wink:

If this device was bulletproof would it then at least be waterproof?  When will companies wake up and take not that a waterproof and dustproof and scratchproof device would sell like hot cakes!  Now I am not promoting a NON-blendable device although that would be so freaking cool that you could blend it and then show off on youtube that your device is the strongest in the world(free marketing gimic) but please make a model that has features like a fuze and make it ultradurable!

Did you see the press releases on the new Slotradio player? $100? They should have made it with a basic LCD screen,powered by a AA or AAA battery, left out the music card, and priced it at  $40.

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-07-2009 10:48 AM

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-07-2009 04:29 PM

@jk98 wrote:

Did you see the press releases on the new Slotradio player? $100? They should have made it with a basic LCD screen, left out the music card, and priced it at under $50.

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-07-2009 10:48 AM

It doesn’t have internal memory, so without the card all you’d have is an expensive FM-only radio.

"

It doesn’t have internal memory, so without the card all you’d have is an expensive FM-only radio."

One can load their own songs on a micro SDHC card and use it in the player. This player is a great disappointment as it is powered by a built in battery. I was hoping it would run on a AA or AAA battery. This player is $100 with the card. The Fuze can play the Slotradio cards, so if one does want to use Slotradio, a better choice would be to buy a Fuze and the Slotradio card separately. The cards will be priced at $40 separately. Since the music on the cards can’t be transfered to a pc though, the music remains on the card and can’t be used in home stereos car stereo, etc.(unless you want to connect your player to these and play it off the player). I guess the idea of Slotradio is to get people to buy the albums of the songs they like on Slotradio. i was thinking about something like Slotradio, but with the cards very cheap(under $10, but having a huge amount of music at say 96 kbps). so the cards would be a sampler letting people sample music, and people would buy the songs they like at a high bitrate at $1 each(or else buy the CD).

If they hadn’t included a card, people would complain about having to pay extra for music, or pay extra for a blank card.

But then again, some people won’t ever like it.

@jonsegue wrote:

Now I am not promoting a NON-blendable device although that would be so freaking cool that you could blend it and then show off on youtube that your device is the strongest in the world(free marketing gimic) but please make a model that has features like a fuze and make it ultradurable!

And just would the preferred setting be on that blender?

Chop, frappe’ or (my favorite) . . . ‘Margaritaville’!  :smileyvery-happy:

make mine shaken as in shaker(Sansa Shaker) but not stirred.

Did anything blend?