converting aac to mp3's for macs

have tried this on i tunes but seems to make two copys in my i tunes.also does this chnage the file size?ie:compress it?

You can just delete the ACC file from your computer after you do the conversion. Then you can find the mp3 on your computer and add them to whatever software you are using to sync, or if you do drag and drop you can use Finder to drag and drop the files after you convert them. If you are converting the files to a lower bitrate mp3 then yeah it will get smaller but I would try my best to convert them at the same rate, it will sound better.

Thanks,so i can convert all my tunes at once?

a lot are 320 bit rate as i dj out will changing back to mp3 change quality on these?

Not really as long as you convert them to 320. And I dont know about all files at once… try it, and let us know.

so i do just highlight tracks i want to change then go to advance then change to mp3,how do i delete other copy aac one?

Find your music in Finder, right click or Cmd-Click (I think) on a file and see if the file extention is ACC, put them in a new folder, then delete that folder, If it is an Mp3 put that in another folder. How do you plan to get your files on the fuze?

i don’t know have been struggling to tell the truth,have tried a few mixes and has changed mb slightly,just seems a bit annoying having 2 copys in my i tunes everytime i copy something to my Fuze.

Any other ideas???

Honestly… I HATE ITunes. I would download WinAmp or Windows Media Player for Mac. Then Use Itunes to burn all my music to CD, (Its a nice back up to have), then using one of the other playerd Rip to Mp3 format at a 320 kbps bit rate.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/mac/default.aspx

WMP for Mac

Hey thanks for the help but i have used i tunes for years now and would rather use over a windows programme.Is there no way east way of converting files then?

without getting 2 copys?

without changing file size?

@wonka wrote:

Hey thanks for the help but i have used i tunes for years now and would rather use over a windows programme.Is there no way east way of converting files then?

without getting 2 copys?

without changing file size?

Can you use Itunes to add Mp3 files to the fuze? I was told no. Converting is the best bet. Try to google a converter for ACC to Mp3 for Macs. Also I dont know why I did not think of this sooner, but Check out this site. Guy Scharf is a member on her and this site is like the “Bible” for Mp3s on a Mac