Connecting the Sansa Fuze to a stereo

So anyway, there’s a cheap stereo out in the patio here. I’m not really sure if I could find out alot about it since it’s not a Sony like the good one in the living room. Not really sure what brand it is. Anyway, it has a sticker that says “Connect, Control, and Charge your Ipod.” Then there’s the place where you’d connect it. The Sansa Fuze plug thing would fit into it I assume, but would it cause damage to it like I’ve heard about. I assume it would.

The 30-pin connector on the Fuze is not compatible with the similar looking connector on iPods, so no, don’t connect it. You’ll probably be able to connect via the headphone socket, but the stereo won’t be able to charge or control the Fuze.

Pretty much though that. Thanks.

The Griffin Dock was the hot ticket!  I don’t have the link anymore but I’m sure someone here will provide you with it…  They had been closing the dock out on there site with FREE shipping for months and at close out price of only $14.99 for the unit to your door!  Only other thing you need is a cheap in wall USB charger to run the dock and play /charge your Fuze while in use on your home audio system! I got one for $12.88 from Walmart Called, ““Music Power Duet”” it has dual USB charging ports and works great!!  George

The Griffin Dock was the hot ticket!  I don’t have the link anymore but I’m sure someone here will provide you with it

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/docksansa

marksj,

Thank you!! George

Thank you for the Walmart link:wink:Looks like that is gonna be a purchase soon.