Connecting problem

This problem is really annoying me.  And it recently has been coming up more and more.

Here are the steps I do.

Plug Mp3 players into computer.

Get to the music folder.

Start pulling music from computer to fuze.

Everything going fine.

Then some songs a window pops up and says that certain songs can’t be put onto the player because it is disconnected.

But other songs can go on. 

I don’t know what is going on, unplugging the player and then plugging it back in does nothing.

Just some food for thought…  I have 3 Fuze’s and if I connect the cable to the Fuze first then plug in the USB end to my computer ( any of 4 of my computers)  my units will randomly connect and disconnect… However if I connect the USB cable into the computer then connect the Fuze all is well… I know this is weird but it works for me…  George

@george_w wrote:
Just some food for thought…  I have 3 Fuze’s and if I connect the cable to the Fuze first then plug in the USB end to my computer ( any of 4 of my computers)  my units will randomly connect and disconnect… However if I connect the USB cable into the computer then connect the Fuze all is well… I know this is weird but it works for me…  George

I leave the USB cables for my Fuze and Clip plugged into the computer tower at all times, I just connect the player to the other end when necessary, then do the safely disconnect hardware thing before unplugging the cord from the players, and it works fine.