confusion about memory cards and length of recordings

After I read some of the msgs on the forum about FM recording I’m confused. I am about to buy an Express because of its price AND its ability for FM recording. I want to download NPR talk shows to hear later on. I read that the Express permits recording up to two hours of FM radio shows at a time. If I buy extra memory cards of 2GB each will I be able to record multiples of two hours? I mean, can I pop one card out and put a new one in and pick up where the broadcast ended (minus the swap out time)? What about larger than 2GB cards? Can they be used in the Express? And by the way, how do you recharge the battery? I’ve read so much about this machine, but I don’t always know what the terms mean. Thank you.

sarainelkins wrote:

… If I buy extra memory cards of 2GB each will I be able to record multiples of two hours? I mean, can I pop one card out and put a new one in and pick up where the broadcast ended (minus the swap out time)?..

The recordings are placed on the Express’ internal memory. You are limited to the internal memory capacity per recording session. You will need a computer to transfer the file someplace else, such as to a micro SD card or to the computer’s hard drive, then delete the recording from the Express to continue recording. 

sarainelkins wrote: 
… What about larger than 2GB cards? Can they be used in the Express?..

The Express is compatible with up to 2 gB micro SD cards and 4 gb micro SDHC cards.

sarainelkins wrote:
…And by the way, how do you recharge the battery? …

The Express has a built in USB connector. You can recharge the battery by plugging in the Express into your computer, or you could buy an AC charger. 

By the way, the Express appears to be discontinued. There will probably be no more firmware updates. If continued Customer and Technical Service support is important to you, you may want to consider purchasing a different player.

What is the AC charger you mentioned called (meaning, a size of volts, etc.) and where can I order one.  BTW, there are no electronic stores anywhere near us. We buy everything online or not at all. Thanks.

@sarainelkins wrote:

What is the AC charger you mentioned called (meaning, a size of volts, etc.) and where can I order one.  BTW, there are no electronic stores anywhere near us. We buy everything online or not at all. Thanks.

Search for one that has an output of 5 v, 500mA. There are many on the market. On Amazon you can find several, with prices from $5 to $20.

An example of one is the SN-A411 from Macally.