Confusing Arrows in the menus

OK. I’m listening to a song, and bring up the Music Options by clicking the down direction on the wheel. This brings up the ‘Back to Music List’ menu option which is flanked by two arrows. How come clicking the wheel to the left has no effect, but you have to click the wheel to the right to go back to your main music list? This is counter-intuitive since left should mean going back, and right should mean going foward. Then if you are in the Play All menu, the arrows mean the opposite. Clicking right plays the song you highlighted, yet clicking left takes you to the Albums menu. In other words, left click in the Play All menu and left click in the Back to Music List menu mean something different. Future firmware fix?

@lukev wrote:
OK. I’m listening to a song, and bring up the Music Options by clicking the down direction on the wheel. This brings up the ‘Back to Music List’ menu option which is flanked by two arrows. How come clicking the wheel to the left has no effect, but you have to click the wheel to the right to go back to your main music list? This is counter-intuitive since left should mean going back, and right should mean going foward. Then if you are in the Play All menu, the arrows mean the opposite. Clicking right plays the song you highlighted, yet clicking left takes you to the Albums menu. In other words, left click in the Play All menu and left click in the Back to Music List menu mean something different. Future firmware fix?

When you are in the menu, and it says back to music list You are going from one menu “To” another or forawrd. With the other instance think of it in terms of navigation on a computer the combination Alt Left arrow takes you back one level (So from songs to albums in your example) Generally The right arrow takes you to the next thing (Ie the song)

Yes, but that’s counter-intuitive to the way I think of menu navigation. Plus why have a left arrow in the Back to Music List if it doesn’t do anything but go back to the song? Just have to get used to it.

BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING? Maybe?

When you see the arrows pointing in both directions as in your example < Back to Music List > it’s telliing you to press the SELECT or center button, not the left or right button.

To go back to the MAIN menu, press the small button at the 1 o’clock postion of the scroll wheel.

When you see the arrows pointing in both directions as in your example:

< Back to Music List >

it’s telliing you to press the SELECT or center button, not the left or right button.

To go back to the MAIN menu, press the small button at the 1 o’clock postion of the scroll wheel.

Think of it as an upside down tree, just like your file system, you are currently at the bottom, to see higher you have to “back” up the tree to the album list, then the artist list etc.

@hazza wrote:
Think of it as an upside down tree, just like your file system, you are currently at the bottom, to see higher you have to “back” up the tree to the album list, then the artist list etc.

I understand that. But like I said it doesn’t do that consistently. All the menus except the Back to Music List behave the same when you click the left (back) arrow. Basically clicking left is like navigating up the tree. However, you have to click right in the Back to Music List menu. Like I said, this is about consistency not about anything else. 

I too get confused at times as to which way to click and I have to reclick.  I know that we are all given a set amount of clicks in a lifetime and it seems a shame to waste them on mistakes, but, I have only one life to give to my fuze.

@lukev wrote:

But like I said it doesn’t do that consistently. All the menus except the Back to Music List behave the same when you click the left (back) arrow. Basically clicking left is like navigating up the tree. However, you have to click right in the Back to Music List menu. Like I said, this is about consistency not about anything else. 

Then like I said, use the center SELECT button. It will work and you will have your consistency.

@tapeworm wrote:

@lukev wrote:

But like I said it doesn’t do that consistently. All the menus except the Back to Music List behave the same when you click the left (back) arrow. Basically clicking left is like navigating up the tree. However, you have to click right in the Back to Music List menu. Like I said, this is about consistency not about anything else. 

Then like I said, use the center SELECT button. It will work and you will have your consistency.

I understand your point. But using the center Select button in just one menu and then not using it in another menu does not produce consistency. Like I said, the left and right clicks are great for FAST navigation of the menu structure, and I would use this for all the menus except the Back to Music List. Anyways, its just something that one has to get used to. A minor annoyance, but I wanted to point out that the menu didn’t work the way I expected it to work.  

ooooooh… I see what you mean now, I didn’t test it yesterday and didn’t comprehend exactly what you were talking about.

You press down to see the menu, if you press left it takes you back to the song, you have to press right, then press left to go back the tree.

That is strange and I agree with you.