Computer Doesn't Recognize Memory Card

I just added an 8 G memory card to my Sansa Fuze+, plugged it into the usb port and the card was not recognized.  When I click on the Fuze icon, the card is not listed.  What do I need to do?

Try truning the player off, removing the card. Turn the player back on. Wait for the database refresh. Shut the player back off, Insert the card. Turn the player on and wait (again) for the refresh. No plug it into your comptuer and see what happens. Are you using MTP, MSC or the dreaded Auto Defect mode?

Auto Detect.

Still doesn’t work.  Shouldn’t the computer automatically recognize the card?  Would I see it on the mp3 player?  Amazon said it was probably defective and are sending me another card.  If you have any more sugestions I’d appreciate your help.  Thank you for your response.

What is  MTP and MSC?

@fred22 wrote:

Auto Detect.

There’s a reason why this mode is referred to as Auto Defect. This can connect in either MTP or MSC mode, causing mass confusion on the part of the user. I (nor anybody I know of) recommends it.

@fred22 wrote:

What is  MTP and MSC?

MTP = Media Transfer Protocol

A Windows/Microsoft absurd concoction that is only needed is you are using DRM-encrypted files like from Rhapsody, Audible or other subscription service. Your computer sees your player as a “musical device that must be managed.” If you buy or already own all your music, etc. then forget this. You’re smart enough to manage your own player.

MSC = Mass Storage Class

In this mode, your computer sees the player as any other “dumb” flash storage medium, like a flash drive or external hard drive. Computer displays 2 separate drives, each with their own drive letter; one for the internal memory, the other for the external memory card. Easy-peasey!

@fred22 wrote:

Still doesn’t work.  Shouldn’t the computer automatically recognize the card?  Would I see it on the mp3 player?  Amazon said it was probably defective and are sending me another card.  If you have any more sugestions I’d appreciate your help.  Thank you for your response.

Could be a defective card, or could also be a defective card slot in the player. If you’re already getting a replacement from Amazon, I guess you’ll know soon enough.

I’ve tried the card in 2 different mp3 players.  My Sansa Fuze+ and my Sansa Clip…didn’t show up in either.  So I suspect it’s probably a defective card.  Any other suggestions appreciated.  Thanks for your response.