Computer and Firmware

I have a quick question. My computer absolutly STINKS, and restarts at random intervals, so I wonder that if I’m updating the firmware, and my computer restarts in the middle of it, what will that do to my Fuze?

@saxmaster765 wrote:
I have a quick question. My computer absolutly STINKS, and restarts at random intervals, so I wonder that if I’m updating the firmware, and my computer restarts in the middle of it, what will that do to my Fuze?

I would suggest you borrow a friends computer. I dont know this for sure but It could brick the player.

Worst case, I think, the computer would restart in the middle of the update.  The update not being complete would corrupt the Fuze.  Assuming the computer still recognizes it when you plug it in (which it should), you’d have to format the player (which would erase everything, including all your songs currently stored on the player so make sure you back it all up) and then try reinstalling the Fuze.

I don’t think any permanent damage would result from this. 

Sounds like your computer could be overheating, have you tried cleaning it out with compressed air?

On the plus side: if you do a manual update it only takes 2-3 seconds at most to transfer the firmware to the Fuze, and it shouldn’t matter if the computer restarts once the transfer is complete. So the odds are pretty small that your computer will go spastic at the right moment to brick your Fuze.

It has been cleaned out. It’s also extremely old and has some weird issue I can’t figure out. Has something to do with the memory. Anyway, ok. Just wanted to know if it would kll it or not