Clip

Do you have to install rhasphordy to get windows XP to recognize the clip?  So far using the software updater has been unsucesful.

Thanks

No, no, no! You do not have to use Rhapsody to use and enjoy your Clip. It is an option that many people enjoy, but it is not a requirement :wink:

Using windows xp sp2 and windows player 11 on an emachine T2200, I am unable to get windows to see the clip.  I have tried the firmware updater with no success.

I have it working on my other computer without any problem but this machine just doesn’t see the Clip.

Any ideas?

Thanks

@zip61 wrote:

Using windows xp sp2 and windows player 11 on an emachine T2200, I am unable to get windows to see the clip.  I have tried the firmware updater with no success.

I have it working on my other computer without any problem but this machine just doesn’t see the Clip.

Any ideas?

Thanks

All the updater does is check your firmware version. Are you in MTP, MSC, or Auto-Detect?

How do I find out which mode I am in?

Settings->scroll down to USB mode

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 03-16-2009 01:25 PM

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 03-16-2009 01:25 PM

Auto detect

Auto detect usually defaults to MTP…switching to MSC should make your computer recognize it. However, if that works, you may not see your music. Anything you add in MTP or MSC is not visible in the other…so if it works in MSC, you may have to delete any music you already have on it and add it again in MSC.

MSC did not get it going.  A couple of times I have seen a message saying windows found an unknown device but was not able to install.

Should I switch it back to auto and try again?

Now I am stumped…especially since you say it works on another computer. MSC should appear to any computer like a removable drive, a mass storage device with it’s own drive letter. If it doesn’t, I’m not sure what to suggest, asides from going back to the other computer.

The only thing I can think of now is uninstall windows player 11 and reinstall.

Thanks for your help.

Well I tried loading windows player 11 again and still no joy,  I’ve tried 2 cables and three usb ports of which all are 2.0 ports so I am stumped.  should I try emailing support?

@zip61 wrote:
Well I tried loading windows player 11 again and still no joy,  I’ve tried 2 cables and three usb ports of which all are 2.0 ports so I am stumped.  should I try emailing support?

Calling is more effective

I called and they could not help either.  Their best guess a USB driver problem.

This one is driving me nuts.  When I downloaded Wplayer 11 that should have given me the drivers to recognize the clip right?  I have USB enhanced Host Controler if that helps.  Any idea?

I verfied the clip is functioning properly on my Dell computer so it is not a problem with the clip, just a problem with this XP sp2 emachine.

To make sure I am clear on this, I do not have to use the rhapsody disk that came with the player right?  I know I don’t have to use the service but do you think it would help to use that disk that came with the 2 gig clip ?

@zip61 wrote:

This one is driving me nuts.  When I downloaded Wplayer 11 that should have given me the drivers to recognize the clip right?  I have USB enhanced Host Controler if that helps.  Any idea?

I verfied the clip is functioning properly on my Dell computer so it is not a problem with the clip, just a problem with this XP sp2 emachine.

To make sure I am clear on this, I do not have to use the rhapsody disk that came with the player right?  I know I don’t have to use the service but do you think it would help to use that disk that came with the 2 gig clip ?

I never even unwrapped the Rhapsody discs that came with my Sansas, so I doubt the disk would solve anything for you.

I am just going to have to give up on this one.

Thanks for everyone help anyway.