Clip Zip Installation Disc

I put the disc in my Macbook, but it didn’t register, it wasn’t all the way in because its a small disc, so i used something to push it in a little bit.  What did I do?  What can I do to fix it?

Take it to the Apple store and pay an arm and a leg for them to remove it, maybe having to even replace the CD drive in the process.

Chalk this up to experience and in the future, do not insert a mini-CD into a CD drive that does not have the mini-CD tray depression:

Especially when the mini-CD in question has nothing to do with the installation, operation or set-up of your Clip Zip. All that CD has on it is a Free Trial offer for Rhapsody, a pay-to-play music service. It might also have the full Clip Zip Manual, but you can view and/or download that here on the fourm. As well as the latest firmware updates.

In other words, throw this CD in the Recycle bin, or use it as a coaster for a cold beverage.

The Apple store techs may be more than happy to help you with the issue, likely a quick fix.  

On PCs and many other devices, DVD trays/slots often have a small fole through which you can put a straightened paper clip, to manually activate the DVD tray to open.  Don’t know about Macs, though–perhaps best to inquire at a Mac forum.  

@miikerman wrote:

On PCs and many other devices, DVD trays/slots often have a small hole through which you can put a straightened paper clip, to manually activate the DVD tray to open.  Don’t know about Macs, though–perhaps best to inquire at a Mac forum.  

This will only work though, if the mini CD isn’t physically jammed inside the drive. From the OP’s description it sounds as though this may be the case.

Nah, it wasn’t stuck deep down, and I think the best advice would be to put double-sided tape on a business card to get the disc out.  Also, Wiis do not have a tray that sticks out, yet they can take gamecube discs.