Clip Zip Firmware: "Update Service Is Not Available"

Hello all…

I just purchased a Clip Zip 4GB (I’m a user of both Clip & Clip+ since 2008) and I have the static distortion between tracks that I have read about in here.

However, when I try to update the firmware, I get the following message: “Update Service Is Not Available”.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thankies :slight_smile:

Just manually update it. The instructions and download link are in the fimware post.

Thank you, Tapeworm.

Will try that… lemme see if that works for me :slight_smile:

In MSC mode, where do I locate the “Root Directory” please?

A good thing about the firmware post is that on the bottom of the post is the list of enhancements/improvements, bugs fixed, and known issues.  Good info to be aware of.

1 Like

Nevermind, lol… I am too tired to be doing this today.  Figured it out.

@cx1 wrote:

It’s the uppermost ‘directory’ alongside your Music, Podcasts, Playlists, Audiobooks, Record, etc. folders. Just drop the .bin file anywhere in there (but not inside any of the folders).

1 Like

@cx1 wrote:

You are in the root directory when you open the internal drive in windows explorer.  You’ll see the Music Folder and the player’s operating files there.  Just drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste the extracted/unzipped firmware file into that window.

That’s where I was teh dumb - I was looking for a folder, lol.  I shouldn’t have posted when I am this tired.

Problem all solved now, static seems to be gone.

Thank you!