Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

…a «feature» I know from the Clip+ as well. Therefore my wish to SanDisk: Please fix that! Thanks in advance!

@junai_rnr wrote:

Just with more battery life and micro SDXC support, keeping the same sound quality it will be the best player in the world. I only listen to lossless files these days

I subscribe everything. A battery life longer than the now  ~4 hours (shuffle mode, custom EQ) would be great, and so far my attempts to make a 64 GB SDXC card work have been fruitless, despite some vague positive reports on this forum. But I really like the Zip’s fine and smooth sound, actually prefer it to the Clip+'s «crisp» characteristic.

Please add supports for Unicode characters. My song only have Vietnamese titles, which kind of very similar to English, but some characters are still displayed as squares. Titles like that:

Đám cưới chuột

Gạt tàn đầy

Is there a way to have the player recognize variances in playback volume (gain?) so that those levels don’t have to be individually adjusted for each song in the playlist?

ReplayGain.

@marvin_martian wrote:

ReplayGain.

Or MP3Gain

Hi,

I love my Clip Zip! I bought it to wear while I’m exercising, and so I would appreciate it if you changed the Sport timer to a repeating interval timer a la Gymboss.

Please! Please! Please!

Given all the amazing stuff this tiny bundle of joy does, it seems like a relatively small request, something that would greatly increase the value for trainers. I’d rather be able to use my Clip Zip than buy another gadget.

While I’m at it, if I were to make a big ask, it would be for bluetooth or some other type of wireless connectivity. I hate all these **bleep** cords! That would be for the deluxe model.

Also, it seems like it would be easier to include no headphones rather than those horribly uncomfortable cheapos included with the Clip Zip. I think you actually lessen the value of your product when you do stuff like that.

Wow, didn’t know I had such strong opinions (phew!).

I actually did search for interval timer to see if it was asked, but it didn’t come up (surprisingly) - trying not to repeat an ask.

Thanks,

Charlie

Hello,

A lot of the issues I am having with the player revolves around the length of time it takes to refresh the playlist.  I use the clip zip for when I exercise and it’s really a pain in the butt that I have to wait 25+ minutes everytime I disconnect it from the computer  (regardless of whether I transfered files or not and regardless of the USB mode).  Another problem is the battery is already 20-25% depleted after the refresh.

Anyway I have a few ideas that may help:  Not sure if any of these features were requested already, but it would be great if any of the following can be implemented:

1.  Dim screen while “refreshing media” to conserve battery.

2.  Allow music to play while “refreshing media”.

1. Perform media refresh while it is still connected to the PC rather than when it is disconnected.

4.  Option to remove ID3 tag indexing or select what categories get indexed (e.g… only artist and track title)

Thank you,

Joseph

@joecar10 wrote:

Allow music to play while “refreshing media”.

Rockbox allows this.  http://www.rockbox.org/.

Displaying album art already one level higher, i.e. in album menu

When choosing an album from an artist among several albums I’d like to have the album art already be displayed “one level higher”. Scrolling down the album list should change the album art accordingly (if it exists).

This would be very useful for me because I orientate myself in my mp3 collection more visually than textually. Now, album art is displayed not until the track menu is displayed. Displaying the album cover on the parent level would correspond whith choosing a CD in my shelf.

Thorsten 

1 Like

@thor wrote:

Displaying album art already one level higher, i.e. in album menu

When choosing an album from an artist among several albums I’d like to have the album art already be displayed “one level higher”. Scrolling down the album list should change the album art accordingly (if it exists).

This would be very useful for me because I orientate myself in my mp3 collection more visually than textually. Now, album art is displayed not until the track menu is displayed. Displaying the album cover on the parent level would correspond whith choosing a CD in my shelf.

This is a user-selectable option on the older (original) Fuze which has a larger screen. Even with the extra real estate however, the album art is so small it’s virtually useless. With the Zip’s screen being less than half the size of the Fuze’s, I doubt you will ever see this incorporated on a player of this size.

For that matter, it’s unlikely you will ever see another new mp3 player (or any firmware updates for the current ones) from SanDisk. It seems they have moved on to other things.

Amen!!  I’ve been using the Sansa Fuze and Clip for years, mostly for audio books, which are very condensed when downloaded from online digital libraries.  With my new Zip, it’s very difficult to find my place in a book again when I switch to listening to the radio or to music, without having a numerical “bookmark”.  Please bring back the timed readout!

Hi.

I like the Sansa Clip Zip very much, but there are still some features missing, like:

1. Stop playing music when the earphones are disconnected. - I’d really love to have this feature, but I think that it depends on the physical 3.5 jack inner connector, whether it has the connection detector or not…

2. Do not let to play music when the phones aren’t connected (pretty same thing as the 1st feature).

3. Can use the player (listen to music) while charging.

4. Have access to the menu and “refresh the library” when connected to pc.

Thanks!

I use my mp3’s in a very simple mode, listening to lectures and all the in the weeds overhead like shuffle, favorites etc is kind of a pain.

I wish there was a config " simple mode/ msc" selection which would have as menu options play / then select folder and file, FM maybe and record, only menu options.

All the other extraneous selections would be removed for simplicity. On a sunny day trying to work my thru the menus is extremely annoying!

Please consider it as NOBODY is offering it except the Rockbox type OS’s. I know you have been told that we all want the internet connections and we want to buy music from you, not true, simply stated…

jn2

@jn2 wrote:

I use my mp3’s in a very simple mode, listening to lectures and all the in the weeds overhead like shuffle, favorites etc is kind of a pain.

I wish there was a config " simple mode/ msc" selection which would have as menu options play / then select folder and file, FM maybe and record, only menu options.

All the other extraneous selections would be removed for simplicity. On a sunny day trying to work my thru the menus is extremely annoying!

Please consider it as NOBODY is offering it except the Rockbox type OS’s. I know you have been told that we all want the internet connections and we want to buy music from you, not true, simply stated…

jn2

You can hide most of the menus in the customize menu section, I believe…if I remember right. (I’ve been using Rockbox on mine for the past 11 months) :wink:

Make a version that has bluetooth.

Dave

@dpowers311 wrote:

Dave

That would make the battery life even worse…

@dpowers311 wrote:

Dave

Would love that option, both for music transfers as well as wireless headphones.   :slight_smile:

1)  Can you please please support album art that is larger than 100kb?  This seems tertiary but it really is an annoying thing to deal with.

2)  Please support high res flac files.  There are a lot of albums available now at 24 bit, 192 KHz.  I own several.  Very annoying to have to resample them or switch to rockbox mode for some albums

1. I agree that raising the song limit would be nice and I don’t believe it would be that hard.  I also agree with others that the shuffle function ■■■■■, I doubt that would be hard to fix either.  It also seems that, aside from never re-shuffling a playlist, there seems to be a tendancy to play the same artist or even the same song back to back in shuffle mode.  Seriously, this is Bush league stuff.

If you can do these fixes I think a lot of people would be significantly happier with their ClipZ.

@2x4 wrote:

1)  Can you please please support album art that is larger than 100kb?  This seems tertiary but it really is an annoying thing to deal with.

2)  Please support high res flac files.  There are a lot of albums available now at 24 bit, 192 KHz.  I own several.  Very annoying to have to resample them or switch to rockbox mode for some albums

1. I agree that raising the song limit would be nice and I don’t believe it would be that hard.  I also agree with others that the shuffle function ■■■■■, I doubt that would be hard to fix either.  It also seems that, aside from never re-shuffling a playlist, there seems to be a tendancy to play the same artist or even the same song back to back in shuffle mode.  Seriously, this is Bush league stuff.

If you can do these fixes I think a lot of people would be significantly happier with their ClipZ.

Like this? 

Joking aside, album art size, shuffle function, and song limit, and high res capability (along with better battery life) are all available in Rockbox, which apparently you have tried. The OF will never be as good on this player. I’ve had at least one Clip Zip since the release of the model, and I am quite content with it…had Rockbox on it now for almost a year.