Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

I guess ‘golist’ is there which does the same, you have to be there on you song of choice and long press the centre button, song gets added to ‘golist’. Do it with numbers of songs of your wish.

But my issue is currently I’ve iPod nano along with CZ and I like the the way iPod nano memorizes the browsing path.

When I’m listening a song and if I wanted only one song to listen next as the current song gets completed I Just hover on that song & when current song ends I press back button to select that song, which is possible on iPos nano but not on CZ.

Instead CZ remembers whether it was on or off at the time of boot, which for me is not the good thing. 

pls Sandisk admin bring these changes if you fill it worth.

Thanks

Allow FM & voice recording in MP3 format–preferably with adjustable bit rates.  The WAVs take too much space–although allowing the WAV sampling rate to be adjusted upward would be useful in certain situations.

Hi,

I opt for using SI units in Europe as measurment units abbreviations: hours - h , minutes - min and seconds - s with small letters in places where we can set/display time parameters.  No need for special translation here.

It also will be nice to have ‘+’ and ‘-’ used instead of ‘On’ and 'Off"  for example. Scrolling is ok but if menu could fit the small screen it would be better.

RDS if  working better now but what are these ‘KMYT:’  and similar texts mean?

Regards

– 

Adam T.

Hi,

In other thread I post about radio menu:

It would be more functional if the select button function can switch |<< and >>| buttons functions between tuning and changeing to the prev/next preset station -  in this mode we can display in the status line preset station number/number of preset stations - default mode should be to change between presets if there are any. 

Just received my Sandisk Clip Zip 8GB from Santa Claus with a 32Gb SDHC card, i’m already fond of my new mp3 player, but…
My SDHC card is not “fully” recognized.
Model :  Samsung MB-MSBGA / Model Code : MB-MSBGA/EU
Already upgraded to the last firmware release (01.01.18)
This message only for submit firmware enhencement abou SDHC supporting cards.

I don’t know if it is a bug or an enhancement request :

If we listen to music, sitching to radio, when go back to music ans select “Last listen”, if you click on “Back” button, you go to the first album, not to the menu, need a long play to go back to the menu, and then “last played diseppear”.

Current firmware : 01.01.18A

@tomcatmeow wrote:

Just received my Sandisk Clip Zip 8GB from Santa Claus with a 32Gb SDHC card, i’m already fond of my new mp3 player, but…
My SDHC card is not “fully” recognized.
Model :  Samsung MB-MSBGA / Model Code : MB-MSBGA/EU
Already upgraded to the last firmware release (01.01.18)
This message only for submit firmware enhencement abou SDHC supporting cards.

If you haven’t tried it, you might try reformatting the card under the player’s System settings.  (Note:  this will erase any content on the card.)  Also recommended:  a reformat using the SD Association’s Formatter tool, which often can help. 

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Hi Makerman,

I have already try this tool, but not better.

Thanks for your help

By any chance, was your Samsung microSD card used in a cellphone (or other device)?  Sometimes the phone can do something to the card–putting it back in the phone and reformatting the card there (and then I would do that again from you computer, using the Formatter tool) can fix matters. 

Unfortunatly, no… It is a new purchased µSD Card (and no other device than Clip Zip who accept µSD).

Have try a new time with SD Formatter 3.1 (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/)) with full rewrite but not better.

At the moment, I am trying to do a low level format using a Low Level Format tool (http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/)..)

Will keep forum updated if it works (or not)

@tomcatmeow wrote:

Unfortunatly, no… It is a new purchased µSD Card (and no other device than Clip Zip who accept µSD).

Have try a new time with SD Formatter 3.1 (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/) with full rewrite but not better.

At the moment, I am trying to do a low level format using a Low Level Format tool (http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/).

Will keep forum updated if it works (or not)

Not better…:confounded:

Several features that used to be available for books did not get moved from the clip to the zip.

Without these, IMO, book mode is broken and the device is useless to me because it’s too much of a pain to use it.

1. I can not move easily from chapter view to play view.  There used to be a menu item that put me there.  I use this often and without it, the zip-clip is useless to me. The home button initially moves me to chapter mode, but if I hit it more that once, it loses its place and can’t be reset.

2. There is no longer a chapter # of chapters in the display.  I have no idea where I am in my book which makes it really hard to resume it on another device (my other, older clip) or to recover when the clip-zip loese its place.  And, since I can’t just drop down to chapter view (see 1), it’s doubly broken!

Please give access to variable speeds and also if the body cover is made of metal then atleast if it falls down from anywhere it will not affect the internal system

@mdas wrote:

Please give access to variable speeds and also if the body cover is made of metal then atleast if it falls down from anywhere it will not affect the internal system

While I agree that variable speeds would be useful for some while playing music and podcasts as well as audiobooks as it does now, I disagree that a metal case would protect the internal workings from damage in case of a fall or drop. A metal case would dent and result in more of a jar to the electrical components than a plastic case which is is more resilient and will flex or give just a little providing somewhat of a shock-absorbing effect. Plus the fact that a metal case will increase the cost and therefore the selling price of the unit.

I just got my clip zip for xmas and its replacing my lost clip + which was probably one of my favorite players ever. I am really enjoying the zip, but there is one vital aspect that is really bothering me.

I miss the return to list function that has been in all of your other players such as the fuze, and clip +.

I usually set my clip to shuffle, and frequently a song comes up and I would rather listen to another song on that album, or go to another album by that artist.

I used to be able just hit the down key and click on return to list to easily get to those songs or albums but now the only thing I can do is hit back and I have to scroll all the way down to the artist, album and then the song in order to find it.

What used to be a simple and easy press of a button is now pretty frustrating.

I believe it would be pretty simple to just put that option back in. Or even better to have the option of setting the back button to return to the list as default.

This is really the only issue that is keeping this from being better than the clip+ in every way.

Thank you.

Unfortunatly, my µSG 32GB Samsung MB-MSBGA still not work…

But it is not the subject of this post…

A function who can be inproved :

If you listen music, and pause it, if player turn off with “auto off function”, when you turn on the player, it is still in “Pause”, i think it should be better it when you turn on player, it plays directly soundtrack.

Another thing, ever if player if locked, turn off player with a long push on “power on/off lock” should be avalaible, you have to  unlock and turn off after…

Another thing, but not really important, french translation for unlock is not made (click power to unlick) (still in english)

I have to say after reading through this, there are a lot of responses to requests that effectively either say, “if we did that then… why don’t you just…”

I understand if the objection is related to hardware, which is costly to change, but if its a simple software fix, and you object to the request, what the hell is the point of a feature request thread?  I guess its your decision, but you’re getting valuable market data for free here, why not do your damndest to give people what they want, which is what the thread is here for in the first place.  Otherwise, there’s always ipod and rockbox.

I have a Sansa mp3 player that will not turn on when removed from the charger. I installed the firmware but that did not fix the problem. I need information on how to return this product for an exchange.

Thank you

@yoshcom1 wrote:
I have a Sansa mp3 player that will not turn on when removed from the charger. I installed the firmware but that did not fix the problem. I need information on how to return this product for an exchange.

Is it a Clip Zip and/or under warranty (new, not a re-furb)? Contact SanDisk Tech Support directly. It’s always better to call if possible, rather than e-chat or e-mail. You can find the contact info world-wide bu clicking here.

Hi,

please make available larger font sizes esp. for the timer under  SPORT. I wonder who needs these nanoseconds while working out but being able to read hrs and mins while jogging would be fantastic. Thx.