Clip won't play some albums

I have scanned through numerous forums and not found an answer. I have a clip+ 4gb. I drag and drop albums from Explorer into the clip. They have been ripped in WMA format (either WMA or WMA Pro not VBR or Lossless), bit rate of 128kbps. I am using Windows 7.  They are not copy protected. media usage rights are not protected. I have updated firmware to the very latest, I have reformatted the clip. USB Format is set to Auto Detect. I have reloaded music. Two examples of regina spektor - quite recent albums. ‘Begin to Hope’ plays, ‘Far’ does not. The clip just skips through the tracks rapidly in a neverending loop.

Audiobooks from audible all copy and play just fine

I’m sure there is a  moderately simple explanation - I just can’t find it. Can anyone help ?

neilmck wrote:

I have scanned through numerous forums and not found an answer. I have a clip+ 4gb. I drag and drop albums from Explorer into the clip. They have been ripped in WMA format (either WMA or WMA Pro not VBR or Lossless), bit rate of 128kbps. I am using Windows 7.  They are not copy protected. media usage rights are not protected. I have updated firmware to the very latest, I have reformatted the clip. USB Format is set to Auto Detect. I have reloaded music. Two examples of regina spektor - quite recent albums. ‘Begin to Hope’ plays, ‘Far’ does not. The clip just skips through the tracks rapidly in a neverending loop.

Audiobooks from audible all copy and play just fine

I’m sure there is a  moderately simple explanation - I just can’t find it. Can anyone help ?

WMA Pro is not a supported format.

Thank you. That appears to be my problem.