clip vs clip+

So I bought a 4gb Clip+ at Best Buy for $50 I know I paid a high price but I wanted it NOW.

The + is really an advance over the Clip; folder view works perfectly with proper sorting, it’s pretty close to gapless playback, the UI is nicer.

The pitch bug is gone…just for comparison I started the Clip and Clip+ in the same flac song after 1 minute the Clip was 1 second slower than the Clip+.

@petipa wrote:

So I bought a 4gb Clip+ at Best Buy for $50 I know I paid a high price but I wanted it NOW.

The + is really an advance over the Clip; folder view works perfectly with proper sorting, it’s pretty close to gapless playback, the UI is nicer.

The pitch bug is gone…just for comparison I started the Clip and Clip+ in the same flac song after 1 minute the Clip was 1 second slower than the Clip+.

You can’t base a digital speed test on an analog start. You’d have to use some type of program to actually compare real time speed results on both players. It may seem like you started both players at the same time but even just a fraction of a second off can result in what happened in your situation.

Don’t knock yourself for the price:  you paid the standard, list price, which is a good one for the Clip+.  (By comparison, the Amazon.com price right now is only $1.75 less.)  Good for you, and good to hear that you like it (and that it seems more accurate pitch-wise to you)!

I just timed the Clip+ and Clip with a stop watch playing a FLAC file the Clip is slow 1 second per minute the Clip+ appears to be nearly perfect.

By the way… the pitch issue with the Clip never bothered me.

I never minded a=415 in classical recordings unless I was trying to play with them @ a=440!

Anyway…the Clip+ is very nice.  

Message Edited by petipa on 10-05-2009 06:54 PM