Clip V2 syncing issue

I’m trying to sync music to my Sansa Clip v2. On most mp3 players I’ve had, when you sync, only the new songs added to your playlists are synced or songs that have had tags edited or new music in your library if you’re syncing an entire library.

The issue is, when I sync, all my songs from all my playlists I’ve selected to sync are being copied to my Clip, instead of just the new or edited songs. This is really annoying because if I’ve updated my playlists on my computer and I want them synced to my Clip, it has to copy ALL the music over before it’s finished. A complete waste of time.

What can I do to prevent this from happening? Someone said it was because of the date modifed on the files. I checked that out and they are all at May 31 2005 Tuesday 12:00am which is weird. Any explanation for this?

No one has any answers to this issue?

Yet another reason why I’ve always said, “Sync stinks”.

:smileyvery-happy:

It’s such a pain to do manually though. =\ I used to have an iPod where everything is automatic.

It’s a matter of control vs. convenience. Which would you rather have?

I’m no sheep. I gave up my iPod because I was tired of being tied to Apple and using iTunes (which has a huge memory leak).

But, I also like products that work properly. I was told certain mp3 players don’t hold date modified times for their files so that is why all my music is being synced instead of just the new files. This is the only mp3 player I’ve encountered that works that way. I was thinking about buying a Clip+, but now I’m not so sure. There’s no way to know if it does the same thing.

@demonkunga wrote:

I’m no sheep. I gave up my iPod because I was tired of being tied to Apple and using iTunes (which has a huge memory leak).

But, I also like products that work properly. I was told certain mp3 players don’t hold date modified times for their files so that is why all my music is being synced instead of just the new files. This is the only mp3 player I’ve encountered that works that way. I was thinking about buying a Clip+, but now I’m not so sure. There’s no way to know if it does the same thing.

If there’s a memory leak, that’s news to me… works just fine on my computer.:stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t answer your original question about playlist syncing because I generally don’t use playlists. The only exception to that is an occasional GoList.

@demonkunga wrote:

I’m no sheep. I gave up my iPod because I was tired of being tied to Apple and using iTunes

Congratulations on leaving the flock. :smileyvery-happy:

I’m using MusicBee now which starts and stays at 50-60 thousand KB of memory. Since I leave my media player and browser open all day, iTunes was starting at 50-60 thousand KB of memory as well, then going up to 200-500, which is unacceptable.

Thanks, feels good. :slight_smile:

@demonkunga wrote:

I’m using MusicBee now which starts and stays at 50-60 thousand KB of memory. Since I leave my media player and browser open all day, iTunes was starting at 50-60 thousand KB of memory as well, then going up to 200-500, which is unacceptable.

Thanks for the MusicBee recommendation.  It looks very nice!   :slight_smile:

@miikerman wrote:

@demonkunga wrote:

Thanks for the MusicBee recommendation.  It looks very nice!   :slight_smile:

No problem! I’m satisfied with it myself. I just wish the Clip would only sync new music X3