Clip users check this out.

Whether or not you use your Custom EQ, this thread in the Head-Fi forum brings to light something interesting about the EQ settings.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/what-your-clip-eq-settings-419917/

I’m listening to my Fuze, so I’ll have to investigate this later. 

@marvin_martian wrote:

Whether or not you use your Custom EQ, this thread in the Head-Fi forum brings to light something interesting about the EQ settings.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/what-your-clip-eq-settings-419917/

I’m listening to my Fuze, so I’ll have to investigate this later. 

I can’t make the same comparison with the Fuze, because the EQ menu does not wrap around like the Clip’s does, and scrolling through the others ruins any chance of comparing it.

Well, we are talking about the purist mindset here.  I am pleased with the tonal balance afforded with the digital EQ, despite its “flaws”.  The headset that’s plugged in is generating its own errors, as no mechanical driver is perfect.

I like the sound of the Jazz setting.

If I am listening to my Sansa, regardless of model, I’m trading portability for a minimal (and nominal) loss in purity, less than other players.

When I’m looking for a reference sound, that involves several hundred pounds of equipment, and plenty of power.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Well, we are talking about the purist mindset here.  I am pleased with the tonal balance afforded with the digital EQ, despite its “flaws”.  The headset that’s plugged in is generating its own errors, as no mechanical driver is perfect.

If I am listening to my Sansa, regardless of model, I’m trading portability for a minimal (and nominal) loss in purity, less than other players.

When I’m looking for a reference sound, that involves several hundred pounds of equipment, and plenty of power.

QFT

@neutron_bob wrote:

With the headphones I currently have, I use Normal for the KSC75’s, Jazz for my Sennheiser 201’s, and only use the custom on my Panasonics. I personally have no issues with the EQ settings, I’ve found the balance I seek so far with everything I’ve hooked my Sansas up to. I’m sure my upcoming Grados will be no different.

In fact, one of my biggest issues with the dreaded iPuds is the lack of a custom EQ…presets they may have, but you are correct, every headset can have it’s own quirks, and presets can’t fix everything. It is fascinating though, to read through those forums and see what the “audiophiles” have to say. :smiley: