Clip + turned off and I can't get it back on

I charged the clip overnight.  Was listening to it today when it just turned off.  I held the button down for 45 seconds, nothing.  It won’t even show on my computer when I plug it in.  I’ve only had it for a couple of months.  I didn’t drop it.  It didn’t fall in water.  It just stopped working.  I did reformat it recently because it wouldn’t let me delete anything,  That was on September 2.  What do I do next?

Latest reports are, believe ot or not, that sometimes holding the on button down for 1 minute plus can reset the player–I’d try.

You also could leave it plugged into the AC power (or to the computer, with a live USB port) overnight or more, letting the player be trickle-charged–that sometimes can help. 

Is there a reason why it would turn off like that?  Like I said I had it in the charger overnight, listened to it this morning and then it just stopped.  Would the reformatting it have something to do with it?

This happened to my mp3 also and I tried your suggestion and it worked. Thanks

@carolynf wrote:

Is there a reason why it would turn off like that?  Like I said I had it in the charger overnight, listened to it this morning and then it just stopped.  Would the reformatting it have something to do with it?

A cruddy answer but, sometimes it just happens (it’s happened to me as well).  I doubt the reformat would have hurt.  You could, when you can connect up, try reapplying the latest firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum)–the firmware can become corrupted.

And sometimes, the player just comes back to life, with no seeming explanation.

@tlp wrote:

This happened to my mp3 also and I tried your suggestion and it worked. Thanks

Way cool!   :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll be back if it doesn’t work.