CLIP superimposed msg over music

My Clip continuously every 12 seconds or so repeats in a female voice"ABS Media" followed by a third word that sounds like <dommar>??? after doing a firmware upgrade.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

Umm… that sounds more likely to be embedded in the file to prevent people illegally downloading something.  Did you purchase this music legitimately?  If so where from?

That’s ABS Media Demo , a watermark of sorts (or is that audio-mark?) embedded in a song file. While the voice has a certain appeal, the fact that it repeats incessantly is considered a deterrent against illegally downloading music files.

In other words, what you downloaded is for ‘preview’ purposes only, so you can see if you like the song before buying it.

That's ABS Media Demo, a watermark of sorts (or is that audio-mark?) embedded in a sample song file. While the voice has a certain appeal, the fact that it repeats incessantly is considered a deterrent against illegally downloading music files.

In other words, what you downloaded is for 'preview' purposes only, so you can see if you like the song before buying it.

It has nothing to do with your Clip, updated firmware or not. You can hear the [same thing in this file](That’s ABS Media Demo, a watermark of sorts (or is that audio-mark?) embedded in a song file. While the voice has a certain appeal, the fact that it repeats incessantly is considered a deterrent against illegally downloading music files.) posted on YouTube.

That's ABS Media Demo, a watermark of sorts (or is that audio-mark?) embedded in a sample song file. While the voice has a certain appeal, the fact that it repeats incessantly is considered a deterrent against illegally downloading music files.

In other words, what you downloaded is for 'preview' purposes only, so you can see if you like the song before buying it.

It has nothing to do with your Clip, updated firmware or not. You can hear the same thing in this file posted on YouTube.

It’s surprising the number of people that will live with the watermarks.  Used to drive me crazy.  I’ve added them to files myself when releasing promotional tracks to blogs etc, then wondered if there was any point.

summerlove wrote:
It’s surprising the number of people that will live with the watermarks.  Used to drive me crazy.  I’ve added them to files myself when releasing promotional tracks to blogs etc, then wondered if there was any point.

In my case, it’s a short commute.

Thanks for the info.  My problem is that the “watermark” repeats on everything I have on the Clip and it is all music from CDs of my own that I ripped and then copied in wma format to my clip and the “watermark” only popped in after I did the firmware update right from Sandisk’s website.  However, now knowing that the watermark must have been introduced somehow onto the files, I simply erased all the music I had on the Clip because EVERY music file now had the watermark. I then reloaded some of the music and, viola!, no cute babe’s voice to drive me nuts.  Again, thanks for the help

Well now THAT is a little bizarre…