Clip + shuffle doesn't shuffle enough

I have 20 gigs of classical music mp3s. I’m hearing the same pieces over and over, most pieces not at all. I had the same problem with an e200. I love the clip…I clip it to my shirt…very convient, but I’d really like this problem addressed. I’d just as soon not mess with play lists. I have all this music; I just want the player to play it all with a minimum of repeats. That’s how I understand shuffle is supposed to work. I don’t understand why this has to be such a big problem. By the way I have the latest update.

People have been vocally critical and generally unhappy with SanDisk’s shuffle algorithm for years on virtually all their players. Beings that this has been complained about for so long and SanDisk hasn’t done anything about it to date, one can assume they think their way is the right way, despite all the criticism from the users. Don’t look for it to be changed anytime soon if at all.

@johnbsn wrote:

I have 20 gigs of classical music mp3s. I’m hearing the same pieces over and over, most pieces not at all. I had the same problem with an e200. I love the clip…I clip it to my shirt…very convient, but I’d really like this problem addressed. I’d just as soon not mess with play lists. I have all this music; I just want the player to play it all with a minimum of repeats. That’s how I understand shuffle is supposed to work. I don’t understand why this has to be such a big problem.

You should try Rockbox.