Clip not recognized

OK, finally found an answer!! Thank you people!! This has been so aggravating.

I already have all the requirements for the Clip, since my daughter has had it for almost a year now. Had no problems in the past and honestly cant tell you how this thing got into MTP mode.

Went through all the troubleshooting , trying to update(which update kept telling it couldnt update because it was in MTP mode???hmmm), tried putting into MSC mode(couldnt do that because my computer didnt recognize it at all and since my computer couldnt recognize it, then I couldnt install the firmware update!!) also this clip bought in 2007 didnt have any thing to switch from MTP mode back to MSC mode in the settings.

SO I did as what some of you instructed us to do: turned off clip, put in hold and held down the center button while PLUGGING it in to my USB. Computer recognized it again!!!

AFter that I was able to install the update , but after that I had unplugged the clip from the computer and plugged it back in, computer didnt recognize it …AGAIN!!!

So then I went into the settings on the CLIP and found USB connections(which I didnt have before the firmware update) and it had went back to auto detect mode(dont know why it wont auto detect , but at least its working),  now I could switch it back to MSC mode!!! And its staying there.

My computer recognizes it just fine now!!  It stays in MSC mode.

Dont know if that will help anybody , but I am thankful and wanted to share my happiness. Thank you