clip not being detected in USB

hello,

I am using sansa clip with firmware v01.01.18F. Now since last few months I am truble in connecting it to pc. The device is not detected at all by windows7. Have tried all the usb modes,formatting,reseting etc.

It is not being detected by sansa updater also. I guess updating the firmeware may fix the problem. Please guide me how to update the firmware in such condition. and how to make the device discoverable.

P.S.- A freind of mine once tried to charge the player with the mobile charger (with matching mini-USB connecter). can this cause any problem to the port of player? if ya, hoe can i make it sure that the port of the player is damaged?

thanking you.

@viraldgr8 wrote:

I guess updating the firmeware may fix the problem.

It won’t. Have you tried different USB ports on the computer (back ones usually are the best) and MSC mode?

@viraldgr8 wrote:

P.S.- A freind of mine once tried to charge the player with the mobile charger (with matching mini-USB connecter). can this cause any problem to the port of player?

No. Just as long as the output is 5V or less.

You may want to go into the Device Manager under Windows 7 and unauthorize the Clip-listed devices (with the Clip disconnected)–then connect up and this will force Windows to try to set up a connection from scratch. This sometimes wil help and fix matters.

yes i have tried it on different USB ports as well. I have also tried all the modes viz. MSC,MTP & AUTO.

output of charger was of rated 5 V (as the notes on the charger says.) Not sure about the quality of the charger.

it will be a lot help 2 me if you please instuct me in detail to unauthorize the device.

To unauthorize, you go to Windows’ Device Manager, look for the Clip drive/the drive that shows an issue, right click on it, and unauthorize. This is done with the Clip not connected to the computer. (Sorry for the general directions–I haven’t had to do this for quite some time.)

It shows that all the devices and drives are upto date and working properly.

Not sure what else to do/try. You might want to telephone SanDisk Customer Service and see what they recommend. http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

ok. thnk u for help

Hi viraldgr8, any updates if this was resolved yet? It could be a PC issue too. Have you tried a different laptop?

hello doncht,

wel nop.the problem still unsolved.& ya have tried this on othor systems too.