Clip Jam for audiobooks?

I’ve just started using audiobooks and got a Clip Jam for that purpose. I’ve loaded quite a number on to the Jam and so far it seems to display and play them correctly, including keeping track of where I leave off and picking up correctly when I resume the next day.

Now I’m thinking of getting an 8GB or 16GB external SD card to be able to load more content. Questions:

1. Does one create folders on an external card that match folders on the player itself? E.g.,

Music
[with subfolders matching the player subfolders]

Books [with the two subfolders below]
Audiobooks
Podcasts

etc??
Or…?

1. At least one thread on this board seems to indicate that audiobooks loaded on external cards don’t display (e.g., alphabetically, etc.) or bookmark properly; only content loaded on the player itself is displayed and bookmarked properly.

2. Do these players behave with Win10 or must one use Win 7 or 8?
    I’ve loaded content on the Jam I’ve bought from a Mac OS 10.11 and so far few problems, but would prefer to use my Win 7 or Win 10 machines.

3. Some people’s experience seems to be that if you’re going to use the Jam for audiobooks, just dedicate the player to that purpose and don’t try to also load music or other content. Experience??

Any other tips gratefully received.

Thanks!!

I don’t have any problems with books loaded on an sd card.

Why not just try it?

I don’t go above 8GB though since I think there is a 2000 track limit on the Jam.

User dollyrambles has a positive and helpful suggestion.  Yay !!

1. The Player will automatically create the required primary folders the first time it reads a micro SD card.

2. The Player displays the contents of a micro SD card using the same logistics as for the internal memory. The Player accesses the two storage locations separately.

3. Win 10 machines are perfect for file management of the Clip Jam.  Mac OS creates pesky “’_” (dot underscore) files.

4. You can use a Clip Jam for Music and Audiobooks and Podcasts.  The primary folders in the root directory of the internal memory (and the micro SD card) will help you stay organized. And the Player creates and updates separate database “LIB” files when you eject the Player from the USB connection session.

(MUST USE THE EJECT COMMAND EVERY TIME. DO NOT JUST PULL THE CORD)

If you discover the playback sequence does not meet your specific needs, there are dozens of helpful discussions within this SanDisk user forum.