[Clip+] feature suggestions

please:

* .ape file support
* .aac file support
* a triple AAA battery slot (in the player) (optionally, i.e. 2 product lines!)
* a triple AAA battery clip-on (to extend the internal battery’s 15 hour life), so you can use your player on a few-days-hike by bringing spare AAA batteries with you)

many thanks

Message Edited by Chris_Davideck on 07-09-2010 02:42 AM

I think a clip-on battery pack would be nifty to have.  But it likely would need to cover the Clip+'s clip and then, potentially, have its own (clip, that is).

In the end, the way these things go, I wonder if the cost just would work against this–it would likely go for $20+ (based on my Lenmar Powerport Mini small charger, which sells for around $15).  At that point, would people purchase it, or just say, why not just get a second Clip+?

Thank you for your favorable reply.

It would surely be cheaper then the $20 you mentioned. After all it’s just plastic (and a little bit of metal), but no battery. Production costs would be <1$ I’d say …

And for $15 you can easily get 8 AAA batteries for the requested clip-on pack which provide much more hours than the Lenmar Powerport, plus you can indefinitely extend the playback time by bringing more batteries. 

You’re almost certainly are right as to price–I was thinking a pack with a rechargeable battery in it.

But then, accessories of whatever type rarely are inexpensive (or as inexpensive as we would all like).  

That is correct. But then again, I bought my Clip+ 2GB for 33 EUR which is really cheap considering all the features, so SanDisk might be an exception to the rule.

Plus, it was only a feature suggestion. I think the guys @ Sandisk have to figure out their pricing policy, not me fortunately :wink:

Message Edited by Chris_Davideck on 07-17-2010 02:29 PM

Any such device would need a voltage regulator. I guess Sandisk would not want to have another power input on the player, especially if it is meant to take less than 5 volts. Tekkeon makes a usb charger that takes 4 AA batteries and has a voltage regulator , however it is about the size of a cassette tape. I wonder if they ever thought about making a AAA battery version of it. Perhaps a 2AA version of the mp1550 would be nice(the mp1550 can work with just 2AA batteries, but the power output is probably much less than half of what it is with 4, as raising the voltage substantially might result in a 15% or more power loss?).

See my thread about  usb battery packs.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=videoconverters&thread.id=5134

Sleep timer option so that the timer:

• automatically resets on when player is turned off
     OR
  • the sleep timer setting is retained.

See http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clipplus&thread.id=5139

Message Edited by kwm00re on 08-04-2010 09:15 AM

I would like to see an option on the player that when set will turn the player off in a certain amount of time(settable) if no buttons are pressed. This feature could reset when a button is pressed, and stay active until it is disabled.

On the Clip+, when on the now playing screen, I would like to have the pressing of the second button bring up the track info. The spectrum analyzer is worthless. I would also like to see the battery percentage number on the screen instead of the battery icon.

@jk98 wrote:

On the Clip+, when on the now playing screen, I would like to have the pressing of the second button bring up the track info. The spectrum analyzer is worthless. I would also like to see the battery percentage number on the screen instead of the battery icon.

I have that stuff on mine.:stuck_out_tongue:

Playlist support for audiobooks and podcasts (ffs)!

I was quite surprised :dizzy_face:  when I discovered this flaw.