Clip+ doesnt sound as good as Fuze

Hello

I own a fuse for a couple of years and I heard the clip and fuse has the same sound , same parts etc… ,. Correct me if I am wrong but in my opinion the fuse sounds so much better. I bought the clip+ a few days ago and hooked up to home stereo , the same one I have been using with the fuse .  Eq is shut off on both units btw. The clip plus doesnt sound as good as the fuse . The highs in the clip are ok but bass seems a bit muffled.

Maybe I got a lemon ?

Sorry to ask, but:  the cable into the Clip is firmly inserted, right?  (It can be tight, at first.)  Plus, the EQ is set to Normal, right?  

Hi

Yes checked everything u mentioned

Thanks

Maybe my ears are too sensitive or im goin deaf lol .

I really do notice a difference. Maybe i should exchange it for a new one.

Thanks Miker !

I do wonder if it’s “just” a production variance, then–like you, I see everyone saying that the sound is similar/the same.  

Yes , Thanks Miikerman

Muffled bass usually means the volume isn’t the same. For explanation of why, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour Is one of them volume capped? Does one have replaygain enabled?

Anybody have any personal opinion on the sound quality between clip and fuse ?. I thought i read that they both use the same audio chip in it .

Thanks

Not sure exactly what u mean volume capped. Does that mean a certain tracks volume is at max?.

I have same settings on both players and there is much better sound quality from every song coming from fuse .

Replay gain doesnt seem to do anything . What should replay settting be at ?

Thanks

@fuseowner wrote:

Not sure exactly what u mean volume capped.

MP3 players sold in the European Union have their volume capped.

I have same settings on both players and there is much better sound quality from every song coming from fuse .

They should sound the same, because they have the same or similar system on a chip.  http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Models.

@fuseowner wrote:

Anybody have any personal opinion on the sound quality between clip and fuse ?. I thought i read that they both use the same audio chip in it .

Thanks

They do have the same hardware. So its probably some software thing (different tracks being compared, different settings, one is volume capped, etc)

The primary task of the little Sansa is to convert the stored digital music files into a usable analog output.  As such,what we are really getting at the output plug is a waveform of varying current to drive your headphones.

The Fuze model can deliver more current at the given voltage, since it has a larger battery.  The output of the Clip is limited by its smaller power source; heavy bass or higher volume demands can reveal this limitation, but this depends greatly upon the type of headphones you are trying to drive. For most use, I am quite amazed at the capabilities of the little Clips.

Overall balance of the smallest machine is virtually identical, but there are slight audible differences, especially if you really push the device. At the core of both Sansas, you are listening to the same processor though.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: