Clip broke, how do I fix?

Today, on a walk to the store, I went to pull my Clip+ out of my pocket, and noticed it wasn’t being held in the normal place.  Upon pulling it out of my pocket, I discovered that the clip had been broken off from the device.  The outer ends of the rings of plastic attached to the main device that were holding the clip’s spring in place have snapped, and have currently fallen off of the device.

Is there any way I could fix this myself, or is there a potential that I could have this shipped back to the manufacturer to get it fixed/replaced?  Or am I stuck with a broken device?

Edit: Actually, it looks like this thread details pretty well what I can do about this.  Nevermind then.

Edit2: HERP DERP, it was actually this thread that helped me find advice on what to do here, but that last thread did help me find a pair of headphones my recently broken ones, so that works out too.

Message Edited by Xylias on 05-18-2010 07:17 PM

Xylias wrote:

Is there any way I could fix this myself, or is there a potential that I could have this shipped back to the manufacturer to get it fixed/replaced?  Or am I stuck with a broken device?

Edit: Actually, it looks like this thread details pretty well what I can do about this.  Nevermind then.

Your link is to a thread about head/earphones. Don’t know how that helps you, but if you’re happy, I’m thrilled to death. :smileyvery-happy:

Never mind, indeed.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 05-16-2010 12:33 PM

I always say, go back to the warranty and see if the issue is covered; if so, contact the manufacturer.

Miikerman wrote:
I always say, go back to the warranty and see if the issue is covered; if so, contact the manufacturer.

Gee . . . what a concept! :stuck_out_tongue:

Right up there with, read the **blank*ing manual.    :wink:

Right up there with, read the **blank**ing manual.    :wink:

Miikerman wrote:
Right up there with, read the **blank**ing manual.    :wink:

:smileyvery-happy:

True . . . how true!