Clip+, Amarok, MTP, MSC, and sync

Hi all,

I’m trying to figure out the best way to use my new Clip+ with Amarok 2.2.2beta (=2.2.1.90) in Kubuntu 9.10.  I saw an earlier thread on a similar subject, but it got hijacked, so …

In MSC mode, the Clip+ shows up as expected, and I can easily move files onto the Clip+ and play them.  I haven’t yet figured out how to get Amarok to sync files in MSC mode, but that sounds like an amarok problem.  Thoughts are welcome nonetheless.

MTP mode:  an expert over on the Amarok forum says that the Clip+ works great with Amarok in MTP mode, in fact better than MSC mode. Not for me.  Amarok does not even see the Clip+.  No sign of it anywhere in the app.  The OS sees it, as verified by lsusb.  The OS file manager Dolphin does not see it either, but I don’t suppose it should in MTP mode.  (Is that correct?)  I’m still waiting to hear back from the Amarok forum.

So how are people here using the Clip+ with Amarok?  Is anyone successfully using MTP mode?  Thoughts? Ideas? Hints?

-gary

I have the same problem, i can do everything in MSC mode, but Rhythmbox, Banshee and Exaile doesn’t recognize Clip+

MTP isnt working for me.

I’m not too familiar with setting up Linux installations this way, but I think you need an updated libmtp and libusb for MTP connections to work, in Amarok or any other software.

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:MTP

If Amarok cannot find your MTP device, you should check that libmtp can access your device. Do this by running mtp-detect as the user that you run Amarok as. If it detects your device and prints out lots of interesting device information, then Amarok should be able to find it. If not, you need to verify your libmtp installation.

You may want to check your libusb version if you cannot access your MTP with Amarok: it has been reported that libusb 0.1.12 is the first version without a bug which is critical for that kind of purpose