chirp between tracks

Dont remove the tags. They are what tell you player Song Title Album name and Artist, so if you need that stuff you have to have tags, what you need to do is to leave only this info on the tag. So Make sure the Title Artist and Album are set correctly, then save them to your computer. I would suggest removing the files that have this issue from the player and then adding the ones whose tags you fixed back to the player. Some have suggested that you can tag the files on the player but I dont want to try it.

I also have recently been interupted between chapters of an audio book with a chirp.  In my case I think this is to do with my using Mp3 Merger, which I have used to merge tracks into chapters.  After doing this I have used Mp3Tag to set everything correct for the Fuze…  

My mp3 audiobook files did have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. After I removed the v1 tags there was no more chirp between files. Thanks for the help explaining this.

Amber

Cool, isn’t it?  Working with the new processor, I’ve spent a lot of time experimenting with the ID3 structure and formats.

I noticed that I could hear artifacts after juggling the metadata and album art on some tracks.

MP3Tag is quite useful to remove the unnecessary formats, writing the ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) data that the Sansa is happiest with. 

Glad to hear that your ears are now happy!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless of what everyone else says, this IS a bug in the firmware. I just downloaded a podcast of this american life,  (http://podcast.thisamericanlife.org/podcast/205.mp3) and there is a lovely chirp at the end. Then I tried the file on my 5 year old iRiver IHP120 and NO CHIRP. SO, I’ve got a 5 year old mp3 player that can do gapless playback and plays back clean audio, and a brand new mp3 player that pauses between tracks and adds chirps when it can’t parse an ID3 tag. 

Hurry Rockbox, please!

Nobody was denying its a bug. All we did was offer a workaround. And BTW Rockbox is not a Silver bullet. Perhaps the next Firmware from Sansa will fix the Chirp, maybe it wont, try the work around. I would bet your old player uses folder navigation and does not read Tags. The Fuze only reads tags. Fix the tags Fix the Chirp.

Ill download the file and take a look at it.

@sansafix wrote:
Ill download the file and take a look at it.

The issue is where some fuzes seem to mute themselves at the end of a file when the tag is read for the next file, some dont and you instead hear a chirp. Modifying the tag so all it has is Artist, album and Title, fixes the problem, but in reality is a bandaid effect.

I realize I can re-edit the tags on every podcast I download to make them “Fuze Friendly”, but I’d rather not have to, nor should I have to.

I definitally agree it annoys the ■■■■ out of me having to do it. But for now I just have to deal. Sansafix is looking at it, he will be the person that provides a solution or adds a fix to the Firmware.