Charge amount not updated on Windows 7

The amount of charge display for the Sanas Clip+ under Windows 7 does not update.  To get the charged amount, the Clip+ must be unplugged and then plugged in again.  Unfortunately, unplugging the Clip+ causes ALL avaiable memory to be used and LOCKS the computer for 1 1/2 minutes.  This is not a problem under Windows XP.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

annhhanson wrote:
The amount of charge display for the Sanas Clip+ under Windows 7 does not update.  To get the charged amount, the Clip+ must be unplugged and then plugged in again.  Unfortunately, unplugging the Clip+ causes ALL avaiable memory to be used and LOCKS the computer for 1 1/2 minutes.  This is not a problem under Windows XP.  This needs to be fixed ASAP.

That sounds like an issue with your computer, not the player…because that doesn’t happen with mine

I have the same problem with incorrect charge amount being displayed, but I don’t get the problem when unplugging it.

New sansa clip+ 8gb, windows 7. 

annhhanson wrote:
The amount of charge display for the Sanas Clip+ under Windows 7 does not update.  To get the charged amount, the Clip+ must be unplugged and then plugged in again.

This is correct. It’s been mentioned before. IIRC, it’s a Windows 7 issue, nothing controlled (or that can be fixed) by SanDisk.

Of course, you can simply look at the battery charge level icon on the Clip+'s screen after you unplug it, or for a more ‘exact’ reading go into Settings > System Settings > Info for a percentage of charge.

It should not be freezing up your computer when you disconnect it though. I can’t think of how (or why) it would do that.

Just to check though, this won’t damage the clip or lower the battery life by overcharging it?

Tapeworm wrote:

annhhanson wrote:
The amount of charge display for the Sanas Clip+ under Windows 7 does not update.  To get the charged amount, the Clip+ must be unplugged and then plugged in again.

This is correct. It’s been mentioned before. IIRC, it’s a Windows 7 issue, nothing controlled (or that can be fixed) by SanDisk.

Of course, you can simply look at the battery charge level icon on the Clip+'s screen after you unplug it, or for a more ‘exact’ reading go into Settings > System Settings > Info for a percentage of charge.

It should not be freezing up your computer when you disconnect it though. I can’t think of how (or why) it would do that.

To clarify my earlier post…my computer does not freeze up when I disconnect my Clip+. As far as that charge display, I don’t see it in Windows anyways because I am in MSC mode.

LRowe55 wrote:
Just to check though, this won’t damage the clip or lower the battery life by overcharging it?

No. There is charging circuitry inside the Clip+ that regulates the charge coming in and will shut it down when full.

The latest Windows 7 updates fixed the problem with the computer hanging on disconnect. 

annhhanson wrote:
The latest Windows 7 updates fixed the problem with the computer hanging on disconnect. 

Glad to hear you got it fixed and a good tip to remember. You might want to consider marking this revelation as the Accepted Solution in case anyone having the same problem in the future is looking for the answer. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

Glad to hear you got it fixed and a good tip to remember. You might want to consider marking this revelation as the Accepted Solution in case anyone having the same problem in the future is looking for the answer. :wink:

It’s hardly a specific solution though. Keeping Windows up with the latest updates is general good practice.

Also it’s not a solution to actual problem the thread was started about (charging status not updating).