can't transfer certain songs

I’ve got a 4gb fuze and a windows xp computer. The player refuses to accept certain songs. I’ve tried repeatedly to transfer them and keep getting an error message saying access was denied. I’ve used napster, wmp11, and simple drag and drop. Nothing works.

Also, when I use my sennheiser 280 headphones, I occasionally get a clicking sound instead of music playing. I can temporarily fix the problem by pulling the plug out a little. I also have a pair of akg k26p headphones and have never had this problem with those or anything else other than the hd280s. I’ve noticed that all the other headphone have a straight plug and the sennheisers have a screw-type plug. Is this a known issue?

I can’t speak to the headphone issue as I’m not familar with the ones you mention, but as far as the transferring problem . . . what format(s) are the files you are trying to use?

The supported formats are MP3, WMA (not Lossles or Pro), OGG, FLAC & WAV (sometimes).

I can’t speak to the headphone issue as I’m not familar with the ones you mention, but as far as the transferring problem . . . what format(s) are the files you are trying to use?

The supported formats are MP3, WMA (not Lossless or Pro), OGG, FLAC & WAV (sometimes).

all of the files are wma or mp3.

Where/How did you get the songs?

@vic5014 wrote:
all of the files are wma or mp3.

Can you determine any cause & effect here? In other words, have you tried transferring just .wma files (by themselves) and do they transferr OK or not? Same with .mp3’s. See what I’m trying to ask here? Are you having problems with both formats, or one in particular?

As I said, WMA Lossless or Pro formats are not supported. Yet it can be confusing identifying these from regular 'ol run-of-the-mill WMA’s becase they also use the .wma extension, unless of course you ripped them yourself. And even then, it’s possible for a setting to be wrong in WMP and you may be ripping into one of these unsupported formats unaware.

Conversion Box is asking about the origins of the files as some downloaded files may be suspect depending on where you got them.

Actually I was thinkin DRM.

@conversionbox wrote:

Ahhh . . Sorry, I mis-understood. It’s hard to read your mind sometimes, CB. :stuck_out_tongue:

But DRM-crippled files shouldn’t refuse to transfer to the player. It may refuse to play, but you should be able to load it on OK.

In re-reading the OP [I’ve tried repeatedly to transfer them and keep getting an error message saying access was denied.] Could Windows and Administrative Rights (or actually the lack of) be the issue? But then it seems some songs transfer OK, where others don’t, so on 2nd thought, this probably isn’t it either.

Afraid we need more info/details, Vic.

@conversionbox wrote:

Ahhh . . Sorry, I mis-understood. It’s hard to read your mind sometimes, CB. :stuck_out_tongue:

But DRM-crippled files shouldn’t refuse to transfer to the player. It may refuse to play, but you should be able to load it on OK.

In re-reading the OP [I’ve tried repeatedly to transfer them and keep getting an error message saying access was denied.] Could Windows and Administrative Rights (or actually the lack of) be the issue? But then it seems some songs transfer OK, where others don’t, so on 2nd thought, this probably isn’t it either.

Afraid we’re gonna need more info/details, Vic.

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

This technique might help you with that!:wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

That could be. If there are multiple users, then possiblity exists that if WMP for instance has songs from all users on the pc in the library, it might transfer the user who is logged on’s music and not those from other users. 

There’s only one user and I havce admin rights. Besides, who ever heard of an mp3 player denying you access?

I have but those were usually cheepo ($20) players that had been ruined by people not knowing what they were doing. Where did you get your music? I am wondering if there is a DRM issue.

Hmm, just realized I do have a second, non-admin account, but I never use it.

I just tried mp3 only and wma only. I even found out one of the tracks I was trying to transfer was wma lossless and excluded that. No dice. Unless napster has a bug or sandisk just hates Johnny Cash (music from some other artists also displays this behavior, but I wanted to keep my tests simple), I have no clue what’s happening.

My music is from napster or amazon or ripped from cds.

What do the ones that wont transfer have in common? Did they all come from the same source?

There doesn’t seem to be anything obvious that they have in common. I’ve tried only mp3, only wma, only amazon tracks, and only napster tracks. No luck. Tracks ripped from a cd don’t work either. I’ve even used wmp instead of napster. Same result. Unless my fuze has a hardware or software problem that makes it reject all music by certain artists (Johnny Cash in this example), I’m stumped.

Go to settings> System Settings> Usb Mode> Mtp, then press the Center button. Then plug in and use WMP to add then songs.

Still doesn’t work.