Can't synchronize, can't find the unit in Media Player 10

I swiched to MSC mode on my computer when trying to repair my Sansa Express earlier

now i suspect i see some consequences of thath? when trying to create playlist in Media Player 10 and klick synchronize

it cant find the sansa unit even thou its plugged in at the time, klicking F5 to update the status certanley don’t help

i have never created a playlist fully, so i cant’ say for sure how it worked before…but i remember it atleast found the unit with synchronize when klicking accidentley on it before, but im currentley following this sansa instruction-video so even i can’t fail i feel 

do you think it could be the MSC mode? or what else? nothing exept thath has changed on my computer for long time

sansa dispatch.exe is a active procces here yes

Message Edited by Kloppstock on 04-25-2008 03:05 PM

@kloppstock wrote:

…when trying to create playlist in Media Player 10 and klick synchronize

do you think it could be the MSC mode? or what else? nothing exept thath has changed on my computer for long time

Your computer treats MSC and MTP files differently. In MSC mode, your Express is similar to a flashdrive or portable harddrive when connected to your computer. When connected in MTP mode, your computer recognizes the Express as a media player and adds the functionality of a media player. Your files will have different options when connected in the two different modes.

WMP is set-up to operate with an MTP device and may not recognize the files that you transferred in MSC mode or it may give limited options. If you want to use WMP to create playlists you should sync your player with WMP.

If you want to stay in MSC mode, try some other program such as MediaMonkey or saCaster.

Yes.

I prefer to not stay in MSC mode, i have heard on this forum thath it’s not possible to switch back to MTP mode, without reinstall whole OS

is thath correct?

@kloppstock wrote:

Yes.

I prefer to not stay in MSC mode, i have heard on this forum thath it’s not possible to switch back to MTP mode, without reinstall whole OS

is thath correct?

If you switched to MSC mode by manually updating the drivers, then follow the same procedure to switch to MTP mode.

In Device Manager your Sansa Express will be under “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”. Update the drivers as you previously did. Except this time select “MTP”.