Can't open Sanza.fuz file to make room on sanza fuze

The battery on my sanza fuze was running low, and when it didn’t keep on I thought the battery was dead. However, when I turned it on, it flashed on the screen a message

“not enough space for Music DB. Please free 90MB”

I’d do that,  but all I get when I connect to the computer is a removable disc icon on my computer. I click that, and then I get sanza.fuz . But I can’t open sanza.fuz to delete anything so that sanza will be okay with that.

It’s interesting to note that on both computers that I’ve so far plugged it in to, I get two removable disks (on this one Removable Disk (E:) and Removable Disk (F:). But it is the first one that has the sanza.fuz, the other one when trying to open says “please insert a disk into drive F:.”

Does anyone know what’s wrong?

This Knowledgebase Article might help

@josephc wrote:

It’s interesting to note that on both computers that I’ve so far plugged it in to, I get two removable disks (on this one Removable Disk (E: ) and Removable Disk (F: ). But it is the first one that has the sanza.fuz, the other one when trying to open says “please insert a disk into drive F:.”

If the player is in MSC mode, this is how your player will be seen and displayed in Windows Explorer. The first one (in your case, E: ) is the player’s internal memory. The 2nd (F: ) is the memory card slot. This is displayed like this whether there’s a card inserted on not. In your case, there is not a card in the slot, so that’s why you get the error msg. when you try to access it.

MY PLAYER e260 ,4GB . when i put it on the computer and i try  to open it, it say that insert in disk… when i switch it on, it also says that it has 6MB that cannot open music and it opens radio. Please help me . apo_saposha@yahoo.com

@salabwa wrote:

MY PLAYER e260 ,4GB . when i put it on the computer and i try  to open it, it say that insert in disk… when i switch it on, it also says that it has 6MB that cannot open music and it opens radio. Please help me . apo_saposha@yahoo.com

If this is your player, then why are you posting in the Fuze+ board? Try the e200 series board or All Other MP3 Players board. :wink: