Can't open music folder on clip

I did a search for this but couldn’t find this specific problem, so please bear with me.

I gave a Clip to my little sister for Christmas and it has worked great for her so far. She doesn’t have Internet access, so in order for her to get all the appropriate tags and such, I download music for her and send it to her on CD. (Just to be clear, I don’t keep any of the music for myself - it’s all teeny-bopper stuff anyway.) She then uses the CD in the computer and drags and drops the folders/sub-folders onto the Clip’s Internal Memory/Music folder.This worked well the last time we did it. However, she got a new CD and is trying to load new music. When she goes into Internal Memory, she says the Music Folder won’t even open at all.She clicks on the folder and nothing happens.

This did happen one other time and we found that she had the Clip on ‘hold.’ We took it off ‘hold’ and it worked. But it doesn’t appear to work now. It’s a little tough for me to figure out the problem because she lives more than 2 hours away from me. The only thing I could think of was that it was completely charged, so I’ve told her to charge it but that doesn’t seem to be it.

Any thoughts? 

In Settings there is a USB mode option.  Try changing it to MSC to make the Clip act like a removable flash drive.  For more information, do a search on “MSC mode”: someone has answered the question “What’s the difference between USB modes”.