Can't get to the menu

I tried to charge my Clip and the screen just freezes. You can’t even get to the menu. It just freezes on the initial screen.

Also, my computer does not recognize it as an USB device most of the time. Is this unit defective or is there a way to reset it?

It is so frustrating. I was told that this was a good mp3 player and I have had nothing but issues with it. My battery life also is only about 45 minutes.

Thanks

Clare

If you only get 45 minutes and the player has been tuned off (you get the good bye screen) and has not just been paused, it’s defective–return for a new one.

If you only get 45 minutes and the player truly has been turned off (you get the good-bye screen) and has not just been paused, it’s defective–return for a new one.

Return or exchange it!!

Try different USB ports on your PC.

Was the battery fully charged before you only got 45 minutes play time?

Aside from the charging issue, if the computer’s not seeing it there may be another issue. Doesn’t the Clip have some way to get it to MSC so you can update the firmware? I did it once to get my firmware updated but now I don’t remember how I did it. If someone can help me out on that, I’d say try seeing if the computer will see it in MSC.

You can force MSC mode by moving the power switch to the “lock” position, then hold down the center button while connecting to the USB port.  Continue holding the button until your PC recognizes the Clip, usually under 20 seconds.

As a footnote, let it remain connected like that (go ahead and release the button once it says “connected” on the screen…I’d hate to see you dangling from the computer for hours!  Let it charge for a little while…look if the battery icon is strobing.

Bob  :smiley: