Can't get my Clip+ to start (like everyone else)

Was listening to it last night, the low battery icon came on, and quit a few songs later, as I would expect. But now won’t come on. I have done the rest on this before with success, but not working this time. Have tried a few different ways, as I have read, and tried what one guy said which is to reset like 10 times in a row, nothin’.

Tried the deal where you hold the center button while connecting to a computer, computer never recognizes it. I have it charging now. Also submitted the question to Sansa and awaiting a reply. Would be nice to save it, but I know it might be over now, and will buy a “bigger” one if I need to, this is a 4gb and is either a year plus 2 months or 2 years and 2 months old (Christmas present, either 2009 or 2010, can’t remeber for sure).

It is warm to the touch I assume due to charging.

Sorry I know this gets asked CONSTANTLY, but wondering if anyone has any other bright ideas.

Gilly

You might try something that others have reported as having success with. A split-second after tapping the power button, press and hold the Home/Menu button. It may just fire up.

Try charging it with a cell phone charger or other AC usb charger.

Thanks to you both. Still nothing. I don’t have an AC charger for this style plug. Only the one that came with the Clip which is of course only for the computer. I have a DC adapter I tried charging it with (uses the same cord though, but plugs in to my lighter in my truck).

Have tried a few other reset “tricks” I have read about and nothing is turning it on.

So I might just move on to a Zip Clip, I do like the “Clip” design. I have been thinking about this, I think this is actually 2 yrs old (plus 2 months) not a year and 2 months. So maybe I have gotten my money’s worth out of it.

Local store has the 4gb on sale, no 8gb in stock.

I didn’t realize I can expand the clip with an SD card. This appeals to me because my wife has made the suggestion that I should load some of “her” music in for when we go walking (we often share the earbuds and there is very little we have in common in music, but we manage by skipping the most “objectional” of my music, ie country).

So I know how to get the music she wants, no problem there, but can I make up an SD card of just the stuff she likes and go to that card only? The clip+  I thought you could only play the “Slot Music” cards, not your own card. Mainly not sure on how to get music from my computer to a blank SD card.

Since the player can connect to the pc, connect the player. If you don’t have copies of the music on the player also on your pc, then copy it to the pc. Format the player using the pc. Disconnect the player. See if it will turn on with no music in it. If so, then there might be corrupt music files, or tag issues in your music files. Download the latest firmware and install it manually on the player(do this even if the player already has the latest firmware). This will eliminate the possibility of corrupt firmware on the player. Will the player turn on now, with the firmware reloaded and no music on it? If not, then it might be a hardware problem.

It could be that your Clip+'s battery is worn out.

I suggest that you get another Clip+ rather than the Clip Zip, as the Clip Zip has some issues with some cards.

The Clip+ is also cheaper. A 2GB Clip+ is only $30. A 16GB card to add to that is only around $15, or you could add a 32GB card for around $30.

Thanks for that. The computer will not even recognize that the device is there, so I don’ think that will get me anywhere.

I went ahead and did get the zip. Local store had the 4gb on sale for $40, so only 10 more than the 2gb clip+. But I appreciate the insite. I see I can add a mini SD card, for example another 4gb for $10. I don’t know if this was even an option on the clip+, I thought it would only read the preloaded music cards (name escapes me now). I also like the color screen and that I might have some album art. I have a few other clip zip questions, at this time I might as well head to that forum. If you want to look for my questions there, that would be great. I think you are right, the last time I used it it had shut off due to depleted battery. Am thinking something inside the player which routes current to the battery is junk, or the battery itself.One odd thing is I was surprised it finished a song and actually most of a second one before it quit, more thani expected I would get.

@gilly wrote:

I see I can add a mini SD card, for example another 4gb for $10. I don’t know if this was even an option on the clip+, I thought it would only read the preloaded music cards (name escapes me now). I also like the color screen and that I might have some album art.

Both the Clip+ and Clip Zip can use Micro (not Mini) SD cards up to 32GB in size for expanding your musical library, as well as the SanDisk SlotRadio or SlotMusic cards. :smiley: