can't get clip+ to play music

I just bought a clip+ and loaded it with a number of albums using Windows Media Player or whatever it is called.  When I turn on the clip I get settings…When I press forward  I get music options, audiobook options and radio options.  Also, it turns off very quickly so I keep having to turn it back on.  I need someone to help me get started with the device…I might not have done something I’m supposed to do when I loaded the albums…I did it the same way I did it with other, simpler Sansa MP3 players I have.  HELP.

It might help to have a live-time walk-through.  Perhaps call the SanDisk Customer Service people?

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Thanks for the information.  I’ll give a call and I imagine they’ll help me get the gizmo working.

Could it be that instead of it turning off as you say it is, the backlight merely is going off leaving a dark screen? If so, then pressing any button again will turn it back on. It’s designed to go off after a user-determined amount of time to save battery power. You can change this time in the Settings > System Settings menu.

You also might spend a few minutes and read the User’s Guide/Manual. You’ll be surprised at what you might learn. :wink: