Can't connect with explorer

Everytime I launch Exlporer when I am asked to choose the launch program, I get the serach light.

I have reset it to factory defaults and lost everything.  It worked fine and now it’s doing the same thing again.  “Search light”

Any Ideas on how to get this to work right.

thanks

Leah

harleyleah wrote:

Everytime I launch Exlporer when I am asked to choose the launch program, I get the serach light.

I have reset it to factory defaults and lost everything.  It worked fine and now it’s doing the same thing again.  “Search light”

Any Ideas on how to get this to work right.

thanks

Leah

What do you mean by “choose the launch program”?  What are you doing at the time, and what do you see?

Is this happening when you plug in your Sansa Connect?  If so, the “search light” is probably Windows’ Autoplay function.  Is it displaying anything (words) in the same box as the search light?

Yeah, I think PromisedPlanet has given the most likely scenario.  If you have a lot of songs, it’s normal for Windows autoplay to take time while it goes through all the songs, and after it does that, Windows displays a popup screen asking you to play or open folders or do nothing.  Just be patient and let that Windows process play out, it could take a minute or two, or even more if you don’t have USB 2.0.

If the searchlight goes on like that for a half hour, then you have some problem.

I’m also not sure what you mean by “choose the launch program.”  Are you getting the autoplay popup and selecting “Play”?  I wouldn’t think you want that because you’d be telling Windows to find a PC audio player app (like WMP) to play those songs on the PC.  Instead, just tell it to do nothing, or open folders.

What happens if you hold the power button for 8-10 seconds to fully turn off the Connect.

Then restart the Connect and plug it in?