Cannot see playlist in Windows or Windows Media Player

I have looked for this question and have not been able to find it.  Try to make it short.

Have a Sansa Clip +, 4GB, use Win 7 and WMP 12.  Created playlists on computer at home using WMP.  Had Clip with me at work and could not see my playlists.  Can click on icon for clip, opens libraries and can get in to my playlists.  They will not open and I cannot transfer them to WMP from the clip-get an error message that tells me that they can not transfer.  I also cannot open up the Win file manager and look at the playlists.  When I click on the icon for Clip, click on internal memory and then click on playlists, there is nothing in the folder. 

This Clip is a replacement for one that I had that quit.  My old one allowed me to look at my playlists in both places (WMP and Win file manager).  This one does not seem to allow me to do that and I do not know why.  Can anyone help me out? I do not always do everything on the same computer and I do not want to have to tranfer playlists to every computer-it’s a lot of music.

Thanks

i have answered my own question with own stupidity.  Windows file manager does not recognize the palaylists made with WMP.  It only sees the playlists that you make through the file manager.  I had no songs listed in the playlist and never remade the playlists I had on my old player through the file manager (hence the stupidity part) and that is how you can make a playlist through the file manager.  The playlists on the file manager are much easier for me to manipulate. 

Thanks

I have downloaded your sandisk manual and have tried to duplicate the playlists and other messages shown.

Nothing comes up but a set of ear phones with the word  MUSIC  next to it. Most keys will vary the brightness of the image but,  I have no control of anything except the forward function. Every song repeats and must be forwarded to get the next song.  None of the menu items shown on page 3, 4, & 5 are on this gadget even when your instructions are done in meticulous order.

Please help me. I will return this device to AMAZON next week if_  can’t get it to work._

@lldvern wrote:

I have downloaded your sandisk manual and have tried to duplicate the playlists and other messages shown.

Nothing comes up but a set of ear phones with the word  MUSIC  next to it. Most keys will vary the brightness of the image but,  I have no control of anything except the forward function. Every song repeats and must be forwarded to get the next song.  None of the menu items shown on page 3, 4, & 5 are on this gadget even when your instructions are done in meticulous order.

Please help me. I will return this device to AMAZON next week if_  can’t get it to work._

Peel the protective static-cling sticker off of the screen.