Cannot maintain specific play order for on stage use

I am using the Sensa Clip on stage and need songs to play in a specific order. To facilitate this I have added a prefix to each song title example “01-I Don’t Know Me”, “02-These Roads” etc. No matter how I rename the songs, the Clip always places the first song (which has been prefixed both 00 and 01 at various times with the same result…) in the 9th spot out of 10 songs on the device. Why? It is driving me crazy!!!

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

The Clip sorts songs based on tags, and not filenames. It will play them in alphabetic order based on the title tag for files in an album(having the same album tag) except when track tags are present, when it will play in track number order.

There are free programs you can download such as MP3TAG

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

which make editing tags easy. I recommend that MSC be used for the USB mode on the player, and tags be edited on files on the pc, then the files copied to the player. MP3TAG has a function where you can select all the files in a folder, then have the program generate a title tag for each that is equal to the filename(without the extension).

@scwinn wrote:
I am using the Sensa Clip on stage and need songs to play in a specific order. To facilitate this I have added a prefix to each song title example “01-I Don’t Know Me”, “02-These Roads” etc. No matter how I rename the songs, the Clip always places the first song (which has been prefixed both 00 and 01 at various times with the same result…) in the 9th spot out of 10 songs on the device. Why? It is driving me crazy!!!

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

I answered you over in the AnythingbutiPod forum. :wink:

You can:  create a GoList; create a playlist; use one of the special playlist creators that users have made, that will create a playlist for each of the folders on your Clip.  (Or you can change the tags themselves for the songs …)