Cannot drag and drop files

I’m trying to drag and drop files from a CD into the Playlist file on the Sansa Clip+ but it says it 'could not be placed on the device. You do not have permission to create this item’

I had a Sansa Clip before and could add music like this. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Drop them into the Music folder instead on the Playlist folder.

I just tried that and it didn’t work and I had already changed the property of the audiobook CD to “Share”.

Earlier, I had successfully downloaded my first CD to Sansa Clip, so this REALLY confuses me.

I don’t know if this might help, but, is the music you are trying to add from the CD in a CD audio format or in a computer language format, such as mp3, aac, flac, etc.? If the former, you need to rip the tracks into a computer format such as the latter, to be able to play them on your Clip.

That’s right.  The files on an audio CD are in cda (CD audio) format.  This is PCM audio sampled at 44.1kHz, essentially a wav file.  The CD has to be re-encoded and compressed (ripped) to mp3 or a similar format.

This is unless the audiobook CD has the book already compressed into mp3 format on the disc.  Essentially, you would have a data, not an audio, CD.  If you have a look at the CD using Windows Explorer, have a closer look at the files on the disc.  You can right-click on the files and select properties.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: