Cannot copy files to Fuze

I am having trouble with  my Fuze.  I cannot copy files to it on my home PC.  I can on my work PC.  Both of them are running Windows XP service pack 2.  When I try to copy them at home I get a windows error message. It reads "cannot copy file:access is denied.  Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.  I have tried all USB modes, and it doesn’t matter what type of file.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are you logged in on your home pc as administrator? If not, then do so. Also check the Windows permissions.

Yes I am logged on as administrator.  As far as the permissions go, are you referring to the permissions of the files I am trying to transfer?

"As far as the permissions go, are you referring to the permissions of the files I am trying to transfer? "

No. I am talking about things like enabling file transfer via USB, etc. Have you tried using a a USB flash drive on this pc? If so, did it work properly?

Yes, USB flash drive, other mp3 players all work fine.  I’m no expert but I do have some knowledge of PC’s, etc.  It has me scratiching my head.

@dishnewb wrote:
I am having trouble with  my Fuze.  I cannot copy files to it on my home PC.  I can on my work PC.  Both of them are running Windows XP service pack 2.  When I try to copy them at home I get a windows error message. It reads "cannot copy file:access is denied.  Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.  I have tried all USB modes, and it doesn’t matter what type of file.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There’s 2 parts to that error message.  “Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.”  While it’s possible the destination is causing the “Access is denied” condition, it’s also possible the source is.  If Windows Media Player has been used to access the file it could still be holding a handle to it, and have it locked.  It is also possible that Windows Explorer has it locked for some reason, such as if you have it set to display files with the little “preview” like Win2K defaults to.

Reboot the pc and try again.

Rebooting does no good.  Thanks for the suggestions though

Still wracking my brain on this one. Anyone come up with any ideas?

Hello, I´m Antonio from Seville…

and I have the same problem. The device does not stop to copy files for not having permissions of writing.

Can someone help us?

I have tried all the possibilities,and continue without being able to copy either music or photos to the sansa fuze. The mistake continues being the same: " The disc is protected against writing. Remove the protection against writing or another disc use " In the manual it does not appear at all it brings over of this mistake.

Thank you very much.

@antramos wrote:

I have tried all the possibilities,and continue without being able to copy either music or photos to the sansa fuze. The mistake continues being the same: " The disc is protected against writing. Remove the protection against writing or another disc use " In the manual it does not appear at all it brings over of this mistake.

Thank you very much.

Check and make sure the device is not locked. So the power switch should be in the middle