Can you hide/turn-off album art generic icon?

Just purchased a 4 GB SanDisk Fuze on the weekend, to upgrade from my SanDisk M240, and trying to decide if this player suits my needs (primarily as an MP3 player).

Simple question. When you’re listening to an MP3 that does *not* contain any album cover art, the Fuze displays a generic icon at the top left corner–a box with a CD and music note on it. It’s there basically to "hey, couldn’t find any embedded album cover art, so here’s a default icon to fill the spot). Problem with that is 99% of my MP3’s do not contain any album art, and this takes away valuable space that could be used for displaying ALL the text information about the song, like artist name, group, filename, etc. With the default icon sitting there, the text is compressed and cut off, and I have to wait for it to scroll.

So, is there a way to TURN OFF this feature, so it doesn’t show album art at all? I’m talking about the main music play screen, not scrolling through lists.

I updated to the latest firmware and can’t see any option to disable it. Unfortunately it also didn’t seem to resolve an annoying issue with popping/clicking when you adjust the volume during a song either but that’s another issue.

Message Edited by Apple2gs on 05-04-2009 04:51 PM

There is no option to turn that off. What you could so its not so bad is to set the album art as a just plain black jpeg

I would hope an option to disable album art in the main player is added to a firmware update one of these days…

As for your work-around, how do you appy a black JPEG globally to *all* MP3’s? And wouldn’t the (blank) album art still be the same size square, or can it actually be smaller?

I would think it could be made to be 1px by 1px (I wouldnt go smaller). What you do is make that file and call it folder.jpeg, then use a program like mp3tag to make sure there is no embedded artwork in the music files, then copy and paste your folder.jpeg into the folder for each album.

That’s actually a good prodcut feature request. Disabling Album Art.

Go to

->Settings

->system settings

->Display art in list  On/Off

Hope this helps not sure if its what you wanted.

Sansa65

@sansa65 wrote:

Go to

->Settings

->system settings

->Display art in list  On/Off

Hope this helps not sure if its what you wanted.

Sansa65

I do know of that option. It only hides the album art when you’re scrolling through menu song lists (i.e. browse by “artist” or “album”). You still get the album art appearing in the main player screen, or in my case, that generic icon of a CD with music note.

The album art (especially when there isn’t any available!) wastes space that *could* be used to display the full text of the song, title and album! Yep, definitely would be great if they add an option to disable it in future!