Can you get engraving done on the Fuze?

Has anyone gotten engraving done on their fuze?  Thanks in advance.

Susan

jacksos1 wrote:

Susan

I’m not aware of it being something SanDisk offers, to be honest…although I wouldn’t put it past someone to have tried it with their Dremel tool. :wink:

What engraving? The back of the Fuze is made of metal covered with a rubber coating, the front is made of scratch prone plastic - there is no place to put any engraving on.

jacksos1 wrote:

Susan

If you are interested in having it done remember the rubber coating on the back will peal and the front plastic will likely break. If thats ok with you then also be aware that the warranty will likely be void if you do have engraving done. 

I’ll agree with the previous replies, I don’t know where you could even do any engraving on the Fuze.

How about Laser Etching on the rubber on the back?  Can they laser etch thin rubber without going all the way through to the metal and would it look good or just look crappy?

Or, maybe silk-screening would be the way to go if you want something on the back? It wouldn’t be as permanent as laser etching, but it would be a lot less like to ruin it.