Can I undo the firmware update and go back to the last version?

In the latest Clip+ 8GB firmware update, the Loudness option has been removed from the Settings. SanDisk tell me this is to comply with EU regulations.

But now, I simply can’t get enough volume out of the player, set at maximum, even in low ambient noise.

Is there any way I can undo the update and install the previous version of the firmware?

If there isn’t, the player is just about useless to me.

Yes, you can revert back to a previous firmware, but you don’t need to.

Read this ‘sticky’ thread:

No more High setting in music volume?

Tapeworm, you mentione one can undo a firmware upgrade.  I have the Hero 960 and did an incorrect firmware upgrade.  How can I undo it and revert back to the original.

GoPro says I cannot and have to send it to USA for them to flash it.

Thx

Grumpy

@grumpy wrote:

Tapeworm, you mentione one can undo a firmware upgrade.  I have the Hero 960 and did an incorrect firmware upgrade.  How can I undo it and revert back to the original.

GoPro says I cannot and have to send it to USA for them to flash it.

Thx

Grumpy

Are you talking about the GoPro Hero 960 camera?  Then, you are in the wrong forum.  This is a Sandisk forum for flash memory and their music players.  And, yes, with Sandisk players, firmware upgrades, in general, can be rolled back to a previous one.

And to clarify, undoing or “rolling back” a firmware update involves downloading and installing the desired earlier firmware over the current firmware. There’s not an “undo” function built into the device.