Can I change playback speed on MP3s on internal memory?

I see there is an option to change the play back speed on podcasts, but there is not one for MP3s.  I’ve downloaded some books online that are in MP3 format.  They save and show up on the Fuze + as an MP3 (it basically sees it as music).  In the menu I only see an option for changing the speed of a podcast.  I can change the speed of the MP3 in Window Media Player 11 while I’m listening to it on my computer.  I’m not sure if there is a way I can just save the MP3 at a higher speed and then load it onto the Sansa.  If they come out with a version on rock box for the Fuze + will it have a speed play back feature?

Thanks.

the fuze+ has a podcast folder in the internal memory. just put the files in the podcast folder then they will show up under the podcast menu and you will be able to adjust the playback speed.

Does the Fuze+ have automatic pitch correction when the play speed is adjusted? How much can the play speed be adjusted? In what increments? Has Sandisk figured out a way for people to quickly pause or restart the player while the touch controls are locked and the player is in a pocket?

I found if you go into my computer>sansa then move the folders from music to podcast it will show up in the podcast folder on the Fuze.  It has a little different look, but now the slow, normal, fast speeds work.  This is great, thanks.

@nogard wrote:

I found if you go into my computer>sansa then move the folders from music to podcast it will show up in the podcast folder on the Fuze.  It has a little different look, but now the slow, normal, fast speeds work.  This is great, thanks.

You found this? Isn’t this exactly what drlucky advised you to do?

@drlucky wrote:

the fuze+ has a podcast folder in the internal memory. just put the files in the podcast folder then they will show up under the podcast menu and you will be able to adjust the playback speed.

It’s only polite to give credit where credit is due.

A footnote regarding the Fuze+ and podcasts:

For those of you who have worked with the first Fuze , changing the genre of a recording to “podcast” would tell the Fuze to place the files in the podcast folder.  If you had set up your podcasts as synchronized playlists, the original Fuze would show the podcast playlist as <empty>, since the files have been moved.

On the Fuze+, things are improved!  You can navigate to the playlist (under music) and see your podcasts as a simple list.  Additionally, you can roll over to the Podcast menu listing, and see your podcasts listed with their album art.  It’s great to be able to find them by either method , I like it.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Let me restate what I said, I did not mean that I found (figured it out).  I ment that as I tried what drlucky suggested (giving the credit) I found it worked!

I considered this method, but it did not work for me because I was in MSC USB mode.  The Fuze + has to be in MTP USB mode for both playlist and podcast (“cheater file moves”) to work.

drlucky did state the method of moving files, I also was only relaying the specifics of how to move them.  I should have stated when I tried what drlucky suggested it was easy to go to my computer and drag and drop the files from one folder to the next.  It does not take very long because the files are only being rearranged on the Fuze + and not synced (loaded again).

I hope this clears things up I do not what any hurt feelings.

I thought the point of a message board was to share information and figure things out.  If someone was truly trying to steal the credit from someone else I think others reading the posts would see that.  That is not what I am trying to do.  This is the problem with message boards you get on here trying to talk and fix things.  Then people get on here only making the thread longer and have stuff like what Tapeworm typed and then when I am typing now just clogging up the useful information.  Now someone else reading this post for pure information has to also read through the politics.  In the future I will be very careful exactly how I state something.

Thank you drlucky!!!  You own the credit.