C250 problem

I thought I had gone to the C200 series forum but landed in the e200 series and left my question before noticing that, so i am going to ask here.

I just bought a C250 from Best Buy today and i can’t get into it. When i plug it into a USB port it turns on for a second then displays a padlock and turns off. I can’t find anything in the documentation or online about this. Did I buy a defective unit?

Turn the hold switch off.

They seem to assume that everyone has had several of these things and do not need to explain in the docs stuff that newbies do not automatically know. It would have been nice if there was in sentence in English that said when you turn this on for the first time and you see a padlock, it needs to be unlocked. Please look at the features drawing to see how to unlock it, and then in that drawing explain just what a hold button is for.

Now all I have to deal with is Rhapsody trashing my music library. If I had known that downloading MP3 music was going to be this hard, I don’t think that I would have started. There is no smiley face here because I am not smiling.

Why dont you drag and drop your music?