C250 - loading CD music files

Not sure if there is a better place for this as my issue is not w/ the product itself.  Most Sandisk Sansas seem to load the same way.  I bought my dad a C250 & am trying to load his music.  I saw a great sticky WMP10 tutorial by “kmc2005” under the Sansa Clip.  Unfortunately, I just upgraded to 11 b/c only b/c other tutorials used it.

I’ve seen all the vids on drag & drop in different modes.  I assumed you had to rip the CD then sync them to the player.  I don’t mind doing extra.  Which way is the best way to load CD music files???

XP Pro/ WMP11 (but I can uninstall & revert back to 10)

Thanks in Advance!

Best way is to rip them to the computer. After that create any playlists your dad might want (not sure if c250 does albums like my e260 but if so don’t make playlists just for the list of album songs). Then hook the player to your computer and when you get the pop up box asking you to choose what you want to use your sansa with choose Windows Media Player. The on the side should be asking you to drop music in. Drop any playlists in you want and afterwards put any songs you want that are not in playlists in with it. Also you have to do playlists at one time and if you want more latter you have to put them all in again plus the new playlist. The songs you only have to put in once since those stay till you manualy delete them.

Thanks GameGeeks 4 the quick response!!!  Most are full CDs & some ramdom songs off of other CDs.  He just wants to it play & go vs. looking 4 albums so it should (I hope) all go to the one folder to make it constant.  While I’m there I should be able to delete the 4-5 songs factory installed.

So, on my machine I can name his music anything I want (like Sandisk did) & then just transfer them to the one media folder.  Thanks 4 putting me on the right track!!!  

FYI: Usually I’m the one w/ the new gadgets.  Never realized how cool these mp3 players are so I never really researched them until a few days b4 Christmas.  I heard of him speak of Ipods & thought they were outragious.  Then I happen 2 see a crappy Coby then found SanDisk.  Wish my car had an aux connection to use one!

Thanks Again!!!  Let me see if I can get this going…

Good Day!

No problem you can actualy delete songs from the sansa its self without doing it on your computer. And they do go to one folder. There broken down into several catagories on the sansa due to embeded codes on the songs themselves.

Thanks! 

1. I wonder if & how the C250 can delete songs or is that not applicable to this model.  I ask b/c I left one factory song on as I can’t tell if the default quality is the same as the ones I ripped to the player.  Two hours listening back & forth…

2. The following question may need to go on a different thread: I left the default ripping settings same as on the Sansa video tutorial (http://mp3support.sandisk.com/wmp11/wmp11ripcd.wmv).  Do you/ anyone know how much a difference it will make to put it at full quality vs. the stock 3/4???

1. Anyone tried changing the default from Windows Media Auto to WMA Pro?  Any drastic difference?

Thanks in Advance!

No problem. Now for your new questions.

1. I was thinking of the e200 series when I said that but it should be in the options menu you access when you are in the music section.

2. No idea what you’re even talking about there, sorry.

3. Don’t know only use WMP/Sansa Converter.

Message Edited by GameGeeks on 12-28-2007 09:02 PM

I was in the process of editing my post to just say Thanks as I found my answer…then went to the door to get back the mp3 player.  By the time I got back you already replied.

Scratch # 1:  Funny how the more I read…the more I learn!  I don’t know how I missed that!  I’ll try to pay more attention.  On a side note, the loading went great!  Played Awesome!  Gave it back to my dad 3 hours ago & now it is back.  Playlist deleted.  Not sure what happened there.  Hope it stays when I reload it.

Below is straight from the pdf user guide…   

Delete Song

1) In playback mode, press the Submenu (Down) button to enter Music

Option.

2) Press the Down (Submenu) button to highlight Delete Song.

3) Press the Select or Right (>>|) button to delete current song from

Sansa c200 player.

1. I wonder if & how the C250 can delete songs or is that not applicable to this model.  I ask b/c I left one factory song on as I can't tell if the default quality is the same as the ones I ripped to the player.  Two hours listening back & forth...

Answer is above as I did not read the instructions

2. The following question may need to go on a different thread: I left the default ripping settings same as on the Sansa video tutorial (http://mp3support.sandisk.com/wmp11/wmp11ripcd.wmv).  Do you/ anyone know how much a difference it will make to put it at full quality vs. the stock 3/4???

I did try.  No difference  

1. Anyone tried changing the default from Windows Media Auto to WMA Pro?  Any drastic difference?

Thanks just the same!  It is a ripping option in WMP11.

Thanks Again 4 putting me on the right track this/ yesterday morning!

Now I’m off to reload the mp3player.  I bet I could just use the files still in my library from the CDs I ripped this morning.

I won’t bug you anymore, but figured I owed you & maybe someone will benefit.

Yeah the last two required that I have a need to do strange things but I stick to defaults since I don’t know much about how things work just that if I mess with something it ends badly for me and a posible computer reformat.