C250 freeze with microSD 8gig card

Hi everyone.  I have an older C250 vers. 01.01.07p and it freezes when I put an 8 gig card in.  Initially I couldn’t even format the card, but my daughter has a 4gig Fuze and I was able to format the card using that mp3 player.  I loaded a full playlist on it, but when I install the card back into the c250 it won’t work, and windows only sees a drive letter ( when set to msc) that reports no media, please insert meda.

I read somewhere that an 8 gig card should work, so when I went out to buy a card I chose the 8 gig.  Did I make a mistake here, or is there a way to get this card recognized.

thank you.

What you have is the c200 V1 which only supports up to 2GB.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/200/

Oh brother … LOL thank you all.  I did seach for this info, and only found where some had done it with the c200 series, that must have been vers. 2

Last question  ( for now  LOL )  Will this Rockbox firmware allow the 8 gig card to work on my player?

thanks

jjccl wrote:

Will this Rockbox firmware allow the 8 gig card to work on my player?

Yes.

That’s great, will the rockbox merely allow the c250 to read an 8 gig microsdhc card, or will programs like Winamp or maybe WMP and Media Monkey also see this card and allow transfers from my PC within the program ?

In searching the rockbox forum, an older post talked about only the player seeing the hc card and it had to be loaded via an adapter and windows explorer.  I found nothing newer that suggested the rockbox firmware was updated to support media management softwares. 

If there is a newer firmware, do you happen to know of a build number I should be looking for.

thank you all very much!

Rockbox is MSC mode exclusively. That means no WMP or any s(t)yncing program that needs MTP.

You should load the card by using a card reader and plugging it into your computer. Using Windows Explorer to copy the files to the card is much simpler and straight-forward than letting a software program attempt to do it for you.

Rockbox is MSC mode exclusively. That means no WMP or any s(t)yncing program that needs MTP.

You should load the card by using a card reader and plugging it into your computer. Using Windows Explorer to copy the files to the card is much simpler and straight-forward than letting a software program attempt to do it for you.

Latest firmware for the c200 series v1 player

Ahh, I see.  Well, I don’t have a card reader for the microsdhc card, and I’m thinking a newer Sansa clip perhaps would be money better spent instead of continuing my quest.   But, I dunno …

Also, the software programs seemed to be a more fluid way to edit the id tags that allow these mp3 files to fall into the artist, genre, and so on catagories.

I’m learning faster than my pea brain can assimilate.  :slight_smile:

thanks yet again

@jjccl wrote:

Ahh, I see.  Well, I don’t have a card reader for the microsdhc card, and I’m thinking a newer Sansa clip perhaps would be money better spent instead of continuing my quest.   But, I dunno …

You can also just plug the player into your computer and add music that way in rockbox.