C100 - Does not display text on player itself

Dear Sir,

My sansa c100, when turned on, appears to work but has no writing, including in the main menu, all subfolders of the main menu have no options, the radio mode is blank, and the music player mode has no music, and displays the song number as “0/0.”  Please, please, please help.

Clovis.

P.S. Please can a real person answer this post, and in a way that it can be replied to.  I tried using the ebox function, but all I get are automatic “NO REPLY” responses, the suggestions of which are unhelpful.

Message Edited by MrSmileyFace on 10-03-2007 05:37 PM

This is a board for the sansa community. Its not a way for you to take up your issues with sandisk the company. Mostly people helping people.

In your particular case I would just call Sandisk technical support as the player does sound to be defective. give em a call @ 866.sandisk  

@enigma wrote:
This is a board for the sansa community. Its not a way for you to take up your issues with sandisk the company. Mostly people helping people.

@In your particular case I would just call Sandisk technical support as the player does sound to be defective. give em a call @ 866.sandisk  

mmm a bit harsh, don’t you think?

It sounds kinda corrupted…

is this a brand new player?
try updating the firmware.
sansa updater doesnot support the c100 series.
call tech support and ask them how can you update the firmware.

i wasnt trying to be mean =( , Yay for sansa community

@enigma wrote:
i wasnt trying to be mean =( , Yay for sansa community

yeah I know. It just sounded like you took this thread to be mainly a complaint.

…Oookay?

_ i understand your problem, ive had it before, the link bellow will help you out
clik here

_

Message Edited by poopfartcrap on 08-08-2007 01:48 PM

crazy train

Sorry about this - I was really jetlagged when I wrote the original post, and, having stumbled upon this site I misunderstood its purpose.  Also, looking back, I also thought this post would be useful in case this was a problem that lots of other people had, and in case there was a simple solution.
I tried emailing sansa for help, but the suggestion didn’t work so I tried calling them, and at the end of the multiple selection process it told me to go on the website and email them.  I have to admit that the mp3 player was second hand, so it may be a physical problem, but luckily I have just recieved an email from someone in sansa with suggestions, so I’ll give that a try.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I seem to have the same issue.  Son disconnected during sync and now Rhapsody does not recognize and device acts as you describe.  Did your fix work?  What was it?

I have also had this problem and would like to hear what the solution was.

I  read something a bit back fo someobdy having the same issue and contacting sandisk by email for support… It doenst hurt to try!