Buying a clip out somewhere else

I might be going down to the states for a family vacation soon and if I see any walmarts, I will be sure to pick up an 8gb clip. But if I get back home and it doesn’t work, will I still be able to send it in under warranty or get a new one?

Don’t know why not. It’s the same 1 year warranty 'round the globe.

Can’t miss the Wal Mart!  Look for the parking lot full of RVs and panhandlers.  You’re welcome to take the whole site with you, I won’t miss it.  Quel désastre!

I guess a wally world might be someone’s cup of tea, it’s certainly not mine.  The deeper I look into the whole thing, the hair stands up on my neck.  Tell you what, just ask the folks at RCA Thomson.

Bob  :cry:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Tell you what, just ask the folks at RCA Thomson.

I missed that one, but there are a million stories at wally world. 

@neutron_bob wrote:

Can’t miss the Wal Mart!  Look for the parking lot full of RVs and panhandlers.  You’re welcome to take the whole site with you, I won’t miss it.  Quel désastre!

Bob  :cry:

I’ve never noticed that in front of any Walmart I’ve ever been to. Not that I frequent them that often, but I’ve been to a few, both here is CA & in NV. Maybe there’s a local ordinance that prohibits such action that they don’t have in Oregon, although if you’re part of a non-profit group (DARE, Girl Scouts, etc.) that gives you a free pass to set up shop in front of stores.

All the people looking for a hand-out here park themselves on the median strip at the traffic lights, particularly the off-ramps from the freeways. I see the same ones in the same places day after day, but only once have I ever seen anyone ‘make a donation’.

What’s even more irritating (as long as we’re already off-topic) are the throngs of people that congregate in front of the Home Depots, and to a lesser extent the Kelly-Moore & Sherwin-Williams paint stores looking for day labor. They all go running to any pick-up truck either trying to enter or exit the parking lot, clogging traffic and harrassing customers.

It got so bad in front of one HD here that they actually passed a city ordinance prohibiting the solicitation and also the stopping in the street to pick up anyone. Now they have to hang out down the street; I think it’s 1000 yeards. Which solves the problems getting into and out of the Home Depot, but at the same time creates problems for the smaller businesses nearby.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 05-02-2009 07:57 PM

Not sure this discussion is either appropriate or relevant for this forum…

@summerlove wrote:

Which forum does it belong in then?

Don’t forget your Canadian Duty fees.

They tried to charge me duty on the lures in my bass boat.

Message Edited by pa-bucktail on 05-02-2009 04:08 PM

@pa_bucktail wrote:

Don’t forget your Canadian Duty fees.

They tried to charge me duty on the lures in my bass boat.

Message Edited by pa-bucktail on 05-02-2009 04:08 PM

I rarely spend anything over the limit anyways so I’m not worried. If I do, it shouldn’t be too much because I’m not a huge spender.

@d_headshot wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

Which forum does it belong in then?

No no, your topic is fine, and what I was referring to has been amended 

Tapeworm wrote:

What’s even more irritating (as long as we’re already off-topic) are the throngs of people that congregate in front of the Home Depots, and to a lesser extent the Kelly-Moore & Sherwin-Williams paint stores looking for day labor. They all go running to any pick-up truck either trying to enter or exit the parking lot, clogging traffic and harrassing customers.

It got so bad in front of one HD here that they actually passed a city ordinance prohibiting the solicitation and also the stopping in the street to pick up anyone. Now they have to hang out down the street; I think it’s 1000 yeards. Which solves the problems getting into and out of the Home Depot, but at the same time creates problems for the smaller businesses nearby.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 05-02-2009 07:57 PM

I haven’t had that problem at my HD’s at all–to the contrary, the day laborers are polite aqnd careful/cautious, and simply hoping to be approached for work.  Good luck for them!

(Sorry to be off-thread.)